06

annie's pov
I don't know what everyone is fussing about! I am very smart, I think. I've been so confused for the past 4 years. Almost 4 years ago, my brother Caleb passed away. I was ten and I broke. He always was my big bro and was my savior. He would always come in my room before bed and we'd pray together. But I know that god now has another angel to help him.

"Children, did you get your luggage?" My father asked my sister and I just as we were waiting for our luggage.

"Not yet father. It's taking an eternity for them to come." I spoke up when my sister was on her phone. And they say I get sidetracked.

"Alright. Get all of them for me. I will use the washroom right over there." He said before leaving. My mother went to ask something at customer service.

"Annie!" Hayley screamed in my face.

"Yes sister?" I asked.

"Your phone is ringing!" She said then plugged her earphones back in.

"Oh," I said then picked up my phone, it was a FaceTime from that guy. I put my AirPods in then answered the call. "Hey," I said, now seeing his face rather than just on pictures. I still don't know his name.

"Hey baby girl." It was like a lightbulb lit up.

"That's What bg means!" I sighed in relief.

"Good job baby girl." He smirked as he saw me blush.

"I'm not a baby girl ya know." I giggled.

"I know. To me you are. Oh innocent Annie."

"I forgot to ask, what's your name?" I asked as I lifted the luggage off the train thingy.

"Hayden. But please, call me daddy. Just not in front of people." He said to me.

"Sure," then I leaned in so only he could hear me from the phone. "Daddy." I smiled at his reaction, smirking was his reaction.

"Annie? Who you talking to over there?" Mom asked.

"A friend mother!" I told her then she just shrugged it off and started to look through the luggage to make sure we got everything before we went to our new house. "Hey, I'm Hayden. I gotta go. I'll FaceTime you later," then I whispered, "bye daddy." I smiled then hung up and skipped to my family then we left the airport.