29

normal pov (7 months later)

annie was just finishing up her shift at her uncle's cafe, cleaning the counter last. "sup annie. you ready?" asher asked, swinging his keys around his index finger.

"yup, let me just get my stuff." annie said, then left the towel in the garbage and walked to the back. she met asher a few months ago when she joined her new school. he has a massive crush on her but she has no feelings whatsoever and has no clue about what he's feeling.

she just thinks he's her best friend and can tell everything to him. even about hayden. she's been talking to hayden but only told asher. not very smart.

"annie," asher said, then kissed her, making annie pull back and slap him.

"what in the world?" annie exclaimed, then ran off. she couldn't believe what he did.

she stayed up to 3 hours at the local library studying. around 5, she started packing up and left? saying bye to the librarian as she walked out.

opening her house door, her parents stood right there with asher. "annie! how could you?!" anger shot out of billy's mouth.

annie immediately looked at asher, he couldn't help but grin. to hell she went.

"you've lied and lied to our faces! we've been nothing but fair after what you've done in LA!" asher was long gone by now, her parents were just yelling and yelling at her. hayley was watching from the stairs, no one new she was there. it was just like before, except that this time it was worse.

"stop it!" annie yelled, making her parents even more furious. "i am not a five year old! all i am doing is talking to someone i love! you've hidden me from all these things, things that i'm trying to understand now. people make fun of me because my parents didn't raise me like everyone else! i'm clueless about everything! hayley is smarter than me!" annie yelled furiously at her parents, then hayley stepped in.

"annie, tell them!" hayley yelled in a firm tone, one annie's never heard from her sister. "annie is too afraid to say what she really wants but all she wants is to leave and be free!"

"if you what to leave! leave! get out of my house! i don't want children whom think they are capable of being adults here!" billy yelled.

"billy," katie said, less angry, "you can't do-"

"i will do what i want! get out!" billy yelled, making the girls run upstairs and start packing.

"where will we go?" annie asked.

"mads and riley's aunt is out of town and told me that i could go there whenever i want. that'd get us started." hayley said, putting in the pin for their parents' safe.

"that's steal-"

"they're kicking us out! this will do." hayley said, grabbing three large stacks of money and into her the backpack. they packed enough clothes. four shirts and three pants along with just a pair of vans they would wear. they put on jackets then packed up everything else they needed, and left. not even saying bye.

there they went, innocent and young, they left.