𝐜.𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

"What's going on between you and Onika?"

"What do you mean? Nothing's going on." She mumbled as she finished fixing the lace to her knee high boots. She looked over her shoulder at him watching as he stared up at his ceiling, a thoughtful expression on his face. His chest was still bare and wore scratches from how rough she had been while his neck wore hickeys.

"Are you sure?" He asked as he looked at her. His eyes narrowing slightly before he sat up on his elbows to be more eye level with her. "I mean you guys are barely talking to each other." He said. She rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders before she stood up from the bed.

"Well Shawn, people grow apart." She slipped on her jacket and glanced at him only to find the same expression on his face.

"I see the way you two look at each other." He mumbled and she raised an eyebrow while shrugging her bag onto her shoulder. "You're fucking her aren't you?" He asked and she felt her heart drop. There was no way she was being that obvious. But then again Shawn was a smart guy probably the smartest person she knew. She forced herself to recover quickly because honestly she shouldn't be shocked by this.

"Shawn, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard you say. Of course I'm not fucking Onika." she snapped as she took a step towards his bed. He frowned and shook his head while looking away from her.

"I know you, Beyonce." He stated simply while still shaking his head. She clenched her jaw as her hands balled up into sweaty fists. "And the way you look at her... I've seen you look at me like that before but maybe just not as intense. You think no one sees it but its smoldering... it's like your eyes want to devour every part of her. You want"

"Jesus Shawn, stop." She sighed as she turned away from him while running her fingers through her hair. It was too much. His words would bring everything to life. And the last thing she wanted was to make whatever she was feeling for Onika real. He sat up on the bed as he watched her. "There is nothing going on between me and Onika." She gritted through her teeth as she turned back around to face him. They stared at one another for a long moment before Shawn simply nodded his head. She released another small sigh before she turned towards the door. "I'll text you later."

"She looks at you the same way Bey." He mumbled and she paused for only half a second before she stepped out of the door, slamming it shut behind her.

What did he know anyways?

———

"Thanks for coming over Aubrey." Onika giggled as she dropped down on her bed, her math book in her lap. He smiled as he took a seat next to her. "Beyonce usually helps me with my homework but she's been so annoying lately." She said with a shrug of her shoulders and Aubrey tensed slightly just at the mention of the older girl's name.

"Yeah," He said with a light chuckle while rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "She seems tense lately... especially with me. I mean, before I thought we were at least acquaintances but now she treats me like her enemy. I have no idea what I've done to make her hate me so much." He shook his head while looking down at his hands that rested in his lap.

Onika reached over and patted his shoulder. "Don't mind Beyonce. She's just a little upset 'cause she's not getting any." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. It was true Beyonce seemed more on edge than usual lately ever since they had stopped having sex. It also might have to do with the fact that they weren't talking either and she knew how much Beyonce hated being ignored.

She missed her so much.

"Beyonce." She whimpered.

Her eyes snapped open as Aubrey paused before pulling away from her neck. He looked at her confused. "Did you say something?" He asked and she quickly shook her head.