𝐜.𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

Onika took in a deep breath as she shifted on her feet, her books pressed tightly to her chest. She stood in front of Beyoncé's locker nervously. It had been a week since her car accident and today was going to be her first day back at school. Onika had gone to see her every day, bring her homework for her and to hang out. It had been great but now they'd be in public together and she wasn't sure if Beyonce wanted them to be out. She wasn't sure if she should kiss her in the halls or walk her to class or hold her hand. Did Beyonce want that?

She was biting her nail nervously as she looked around the halls, watching as the kids walked to their lockers and talked to their friends. She watched as Aubrey walked down the hall silently. A small frown on his lips as he kept his eyes down. He hadn't talked to her in a week. He still sat with everyone at the lunch table and met at Candi's locker in between classes but he never even looked at her. It hurt her that she had lost him as a friend but the others kept telling her that he'd come around.

"Hey."

She jumped, putting her hand to her chest. "Bey, you scared me!" She pouted as she looked up at the older girl who stood next to her, staring down at her with a raised eyebrow. Beyonce arm was casted up from her knuckles to her elbow and rested in a sling for the sake of her broken collarbone. Her head still wore a bandage over the gash and her face still wore healing cuts and bruises. She had her book bag thrown over her right shoulder.

"I'm sorry baby, if you were paying more attention to your surroundings then you would have noticed me standing here for like five minutes. Move from in front of my locker." Beyonce responded, her stare longing on Onika as she blushed quickly sliding over, biting her lip watching as Beyonce put in her combination. She held her bag out and Onika quickly took it. She opened it and pulled out the books for Beyoncé's first few classes. "Thank you." she mumbled as she shoved her bag into her locker and turned towards Onika, taking her books before kissing her softly on the lips and walking pass her to meet with the others.

Onika stood stunned for a few moments before a grin came to her lips and she fought the urge to bounce on her toes in excitement. Beyonce had just kissed her in the hall full of other students. She did want them to be public, she did want to be her girlfriend. She turned and quickly caught up with Beyonce just as she reached Candi's locker and stood next to her, biting back the smile that wanted to split her face.

"Good to have you back." Shawn said with a small nod. She returned it with a small sigh.

"Good to be back. My parents have been driving me fucking insane. One minute they're moaning and groaning over my totaled car and the next they're all over me as if I had died and magically came back to them. It's like they still can't decide if they're pissed at me or if they're glad that I'm okay and it's been a week already." Beyoncé shook her head with a roll of her eyes.

"Parents." Thembi said with a shake of her own head and they all nodded in agreement. The group was silent for only a few moments before Thembi perked up once more. "So, are you two like a thing now or what?" She asked as she pointed at Onika and Beyonce. The others quickly looked at them as well. Beyonce eyes narrowed as Onika quickly looked at her for the answer. "Come ere, baby"

Beyonce pulled the younger girl closer to her before Onika could even blink, their lips were pressed together so softly. Beyoncé cupped Onika's face as her body trembled with overwhelming emotions. The kiss managed to steal her breathe away leaving just enough air.

"Is that a problem?" Beyonce mumbled, pulling away although her hazel eyes gazed at Onika, demanding intense eye contact. Beyonce hadn't really took in Onika's beauty, it was indescribable leaving her stunned. She didn't even care about the others and Onika couldn't look away if she wanted to. She was in love and it felt good.