𝐜.𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"We have to do something."

Candi sat with Thembi and Shawn at a table in the outside cafeteria. They had been the first ones on the table, which was unusual because Onika was usually always the first one at the lunch table. Candi was going to take complete advantage of the opportunity though. Shawn simply sighed while Thembi shook her head, she had only been filled in by Candi over the weekend and she wanted no part in the mess that was going on between Beyonce and Onika.

"Believe me, I've been trying." Shawn said with a shake of his head as he glanced around the open area as it began to fill with other students. "But Beyonce doesn't want anything to do with Onika right now. Which is understandable." He said as he brought his drink to his lips. "I really think we should give them some space."

"I don't think we have time for that." Candi said with a small laugh. "Onika has completely lost her marbles. I noticed it Saturday when she spent the night. She's totally in a darker place right now and this morning she showed me that she wants to take Beyonce down with her." She said before shivering at the look that had been on Onika's face.

"Well, what can we do?" Thembi asked.

"I don't know. I guess we can show them what it was like when they were just friends. We could all hang out together and just have fun like we used too." She said with a nod of her head and looked at the both of them for approval, but Shawn was shaking his head in disagreement while Thembi looked unsure.

"We can't force them to be friends, Candi. Someone just needs to sit Onika down and talk to her." Shawn said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"And who better to do that than Beyonce?" She shot back and Shawn sighed while running his hand over his head.

"I just think-"

"Hey y'all!" Onika chirped as she sat down next to Thembi. The three immediately grew silent as she shifted in her seat scrolling on her phone, completely oblivious to the fact that they had been talking about her.

"Hey, Nika. How's it going?" Candi smiled as she turned her attention to her food for the first time since sitting down.

"I got a D on my science test." She pouted slightly with a small shrug of her shoulder. "My parents are gonna be mad at me again." She said rolling her eyes, and Candi reached over to pat her hand on the table.

"Hey, no worries. I'll go over some of the material with you and you can retake it." She said and Onika immediately perked back up.

"Thanks, love." She exclaimed while giving her a small smile before Aubrey was sitting down next to her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. She smiled over at him and he returned it before turning towards the others and pulling them into a conversation. Candi watched as her attention back to her food until Beyonce slid into the seat next to Shawn. The entire table took notice of her foul mood though she hadn't spoken a word.

"You okay?" Shawn whispered with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm fine." She scuffed and glanced around at the table. Her eyes narrowed. "What the hell is wrong with all of you? If I wanted to be stared at all the damn time then I'd join the fucking circus." She snapped and they all turned their attention away from her before she looked at Shawn. "Is there something on my face?" she asked as she motioned towards it and he quickly shook his head. "Jesus" She sighed.

Candi cleared her throat as she looked up once more. "So... this Saturday you guys should all come over. We haven't really gotten to hang out together in a while." She said with a shrug of her shoulders while looking around at all of them. Shawn was frowning as he stared at her. Onika pulled away from her conversation with her boyfriend before looking up at everyone at the table.