𝐜.𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Thembi whistled a short tune as she made her way out of school. She paused at seeing a tiny black haired girl sitting under the tree in the parking lot. She frowned and her eye brows came together in slight confusion that Onika was still here. She made her way over to her and looked down at her.

She had her knees pulled up to her chest with her arms wrapped around them and her face pressed to her knees. She was making small sniffling sounds and her shoulders shook lightly. She frowned at realizing that she was crying. "Hey, Nika. What's going on?" She asked as she sat down next to her, dropping her bag beside her before wrapping her arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to her.

"I can't breathe."

"Why's that?" Thembi asked as she watched her though she made no move to look up at her.

"Beyonce."

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow because she wasn't really expecting that one. She knew Beyonce was mean but she usually never made Onika cry, just Aubrey most of the time. "Well what did she do this time?" she asked with a small roll of her eyes because someone was really going to have to put her in her place one of these days.

"She stole my heart." Thembi blinked a few times as she took in her words before she looked up at the sound of someone walking towards them only to watch Candi stop in front of them.

"Hey." She said with a big sigh and Thembi raised an eyebrow at her before looking pass her to watch as Beyonce stepped out of the building, even from the distance she could see the make-up that ran down her face like she had been crying too.

"Let me get you home, Nika." Candi whispered softly as she picked up Onika's bag for her. The poor girl nodded her head as she raised it only for her eyes to fall on Beyonce as she jumped into her car. She bit her lip and Candi and Thembi followed her eyes, watching as Beyonce sped out of the parking lot.

"I really wish she'd slow down." Onika hiccupped as she rubbed her red and swollen eyes as she watched the car leave before she rose to her feet. She glanced at Thembi and she offered a small smile that she returned.

"Thanks for sitting with me Thembi, I'll see you later." she said with a wave before walking towards Candi's car. Candi sighed as she watched her go before looking at Thembi.

"Okay what's really going on?" She asked as she stared up at her.

"It's a long story. I'll call you later." She said with a nod of her head. She returned it before watching her jog to catch up with Onika. She opened the door for her and she watched Onika slip into the car silently as Candi walked to the other side. She stood up as she watched them drive off and picked her bag up. She shook her head as she made her way to her own car.

Candi took Onika back to her own house where she allowed Onika to rest her head on her lap, sitting on her couch, and cry silent tears. They ate a crap load of junk food and watched romantic comedies. Candi barely watched the movies though, she was too busy watching Onika who seemed to be in her own world like in math class but this world seemed to be a lot darker.

It was like she had lost a piece of herself.

As the night went on she could tell that Onika was turning into a time bomb and she'd blow up if she didn't rekindle at least her friendship with Beyonce. Her eyes became darker and her frown deeper the longer she sat in her own thoughts. The overnight change was almost frightening for Candi to watch.

She knew Onika cherished every one of her friendships and especially her friendship with Beyonce, and losing any friendship would destroy her. But losing whatever she had with Beyonce was causing something to snap inside of her and Candi hated that she felt powerless to stop it.