02: Airplane Mode

There was an itch. It was one of those that wasn't exactly on the surface and no matter how much I scratched around, it didn't leave. Usually ignoring it till it left seemed like a good option until I remembered that the more I wanted to forget, the more I was aware of the fact that I was trying to ignore it. In the end, it made the itch unbearable. At least, that is exactly how I was feeling right now, except my itch was deep inside my brain forged with the essence of my being. It was my connection to the pack. 

In short, my brother was trying to communicate through mind-link and because he was the Alpha, it was impossible for me to ignore it. Even if I can resist his call longer than anyone else can, I still am not able to dismiss it like I could with mind-links from anyone else in the pack.

There is this whole thing about hierarchy in the pack. In theory, I am not supposed to be able to ignore my Luna's mind-link.... 'request'. Because according to the hierarchy, it puts the Alpha in our commanding/leading position, and if the Alpha has a mate then the Luna rules with the Alpha on equal grounds. Then comes the Beta who is the second-in-command, right after Beta there was one other position and that is Gamma, they are the third-in-command. Everyone else in the pack follows with equal ranking since the abolishments of the lower ranks. Although the warriors are respected a bit more.

The Alpha of my pack is my twin brother Matteo. The annoying asshole who doesn't understand that I was in the middle of something and I didn't want to answer his mind-link right now.

I sighed out loud and propped myself up using my elbow before sitting up. The action earned me a gasp of disapproval followed by incoherent phrases asking me to not stop.

"Sorry Ava, duty call," I leaned in and gave her a kiss before turning around and facing away from her. Mind-link doesn't require me to stop what I was doing but my morales did.

"There is such a thing known as a cellphone, that people use to communicate with each other," I responded finally, opening up the link to my brother.

"I did call but you weren't answering. Am I interrupting something?" I could almost feel him restraining himself from laughing.

"Yes." I wasn't going to give him any more information at the given moment than I had to. Knowing my brother, he would never give up the opportunity to tease me.

"Tell Aiden I said hi."

"I am not with him right now. Was ignoring all your methods of communication not enough hint that I don't wanna be disturbed? " I turned around to see Ava staring back at me with a pout on her face. I smiled at her and she came closer to hug me.

"In all the years you have known me, what makes you think I will give up an opportunity to disturb you?"

"Was there a reason for mind-linking me? Because I swear to the moon goddess I will whoop your sorry ass if all of this is a joke."

My eyes shut close as Ava slowly kissed down my neck.

"The meeting with the council moved up, it's in twenty minutes."

Gently breaking away from Ava's embrace, I picked up my pants from the floor and took out my phone to check the time. It was twenty minutes to noon. We really did go on all night. 

"I'll be there in ten,I inform my brother as I quickly freshened up.

"Perfect, also tell whoever you are with-"

Before my brother could finish his statement, I shunned him out. "I have to go, Ava. There's a meeting I have to attend." She smiled and got up to help me gather my clothes from the floor, they were scattered all over her room. These were the evidence of the scene that took place last night, that and the smell of arousal in the room.