19: Same Team

The room was plain and left undecorated. The sight of the left side of the room and the main door was blocked by the curtain that stood next to me. There was someone in the room but considering their breathing rhythm, they were asleep. I could hear other voices outside of the room but I couldn't make out any of the phrases. I tilted my head to the right to finally pay attention to the view from the window. Somehow the night street illuminated by the yellows street lamps and peering lights from the windows of the other big buildings, similar to the hospital, was comforting.

I was not hurting anymore, at least not physically, but I was feeling extremely weak and drained. It didn't help that I was growing more frustrated over the important information that I forgot. It was something crucial that I had to remember but now I couldn't even tell anyone what the topic was about. Perhaps, I should ask the Elder about it. 

I had been awake for three minutes now but I didn't bother calling for anybody. Mostly because my head was overflowing with questions. 

What was that dream sequence? I don't even know what else to call it. It felt so real. They were my memories and I saw them unfolding in front of my eyes through a third person's point of view. Well, not all of them were my memories. I don't even know who the last one belonged to. Was it my mother's or father's memory? 

They were the only people in that room, And quite possibly, the only two beings that know who I actually am. However, they were also both very dead and people tend to die with their own memories. No one can just make people see a glimpse of their lives. Well, at least no one I know of. 

I needed to find out who or what that entity was. I know they had the answers to many of my questions. It was a gut feeling and I had to find out more. Why was I even shown those memories in the first place?

One logical theory I came up with was that it had something to do with my newfound identity. It would've made the most sense if it was to do with me being half-witch. However, that only explained the last memory I saw. The rest didn't exactly fit into a solid pattern.

I stared at a car through the window as it slowed down for the traffic light. I tried to clear my mind as I observed it waiting even when there were no other cars around. They were doing what they should be but I still wanted to applaud them. I watched as the light finally turned green and they drove away.

What if it was to do with the situation I was in right now? I am having to leave behind everything I knew and ever worked for to start a new life. A life with a soulmate who I didn't even know existed until a week ago. I spent roughly two hundred and eighteen human years, which translated to twenty-two years of my werewolf life, knowing I didn't have a mate. So, now I have to actively remind myself that I was actually blessed with one. Even if it was a pretentious Royal Alpha who I knew almost all of my life. He turned from my childhood pen pal to war-strategizing warrior buddy to someone I barely tolerated.

In the past few days, the time that Skylar and I spent together made me rethink a few things; that plus, Kay and Astrid had pointed something out to me.

My core reason for disliking Skylar was because he refused to send out a search party when Mico went missing and he didn't even grant the Valentino pack permission to send our people to look for her. He simply wrote me a letter where he stated that Mico never made it into the Royal Zonarus territory let alone near his own pack. He then advised me to stop the search and to focus on more important things.

I, to this day, remember reading the letter and being furious and hurt that someone who I considered a very close friend and an ally would respond this way. When I told my two best friends the full stories with all the details, they just stared at me. At first, I didn't understand why but then Kay said that he had always thought there was more to the story. I informed him and Astrid about Skylar's other aspects that I disliked and to my surprise they defended him. They didn't exactly full-on agree with Skylar but they made me aware that I had been biased. That my core reason for disliking him was because he was the easiest person to blame for Mico and the rest of the hate branched from there.