14: Sweet Dreams

"You have to angle yourself first and then just sprint" I explained with a grin, "maximum efficiency." Walking in the direction of my room in the packhouse had been filled with exchanges of tactical suggestions.

Skylar and I spent the last few hours together, walking around and talking to get to know each other better. Aside from the occasional suggestive comments, we have been able to keep our conversations cheerful and proper. We haven't been this informed about each other's personal lives in a very long while. As a matter of fact, I have never seen him as relaxed as he was.

My hand reached for the doorknob and as I twisted it, Skylar got my attention. "Wait! Uh, do you have to go into your room, right now?" He asked.

"Yes, I have to get something for Giorgia." I paused and watched as he tried to avoid eye-contact. "If you want, you can wait outside. I will only take a minute," I suggested not being able to hide my merriment. Was he getting shy about entering my room?

We agreed to start off as friends. So, if he thought we would escalate things this fast, he had to be dreaming. It was not like I was entirely opposed to the idea, but I did not want him to know that. The pride I had about my own self-control was being questioned as I found myself thinking about things I should not be.

He scratched the back of his neck and let out a deep sigh, "It's not because of that." Oh, he reads minds. I squinted my eyes suspiciously and opened my door.

"Oh, my lord," my eyes were playing tricks on me. I stayed over at the packhouse for the majority of the days in the week but from that, very minimal time is spent in my room. I was usually busy with meetings, trainings, and anything else that needed my attention. The purpose of my room was for me to freshen up, get a change of clothing, or to get the occasional sleep.

I had a queen-size bed, a drawer next to it, a closet for my clothes, and an attached bathroom. Many of my regular clothes have already been packed away in my suitcase, which is temporarily being kept back in my house. Aside from the fairy lights hanging on the wall over the bed, it was a plain room. It looked bigger than it was due to the lack of items in the space. So, imagine my surprise when I saw my room filled with boxes wrapped in various colored papers.

"Skylar Zonarus, what is all this?"

He moved to stand next to me and sighed again looking at the room in front of us. The room that was clearly empty when I last saw it. "They went a little overboard with the gifts."

"Gifts?" I asked leaning forward to pick up one of the smaller boxes. It fitted in the palm of my hands and unlike the rest, this box was not wrapped.

"It's a Zonarus pack tradition. Whenever the Alpha finds their mate, people in the pack send gifts to the Luna and their pack. This is how they show their acceptance. Considering who you are, they clearly are extremely excited. Although, these are just gifts for the pack, your ones are back at home." Skylar answered, offering me one of his charming smiles. There was a hint of embarrassment in his face but otherwise, he seemed content.

"They weren't here yesterday. How much did you even pay for overweight baggage?"

Skylar took a step forward and pouted before grinning at me, "portals." He announced and spread his arms as if it was a big reveal. I could not help but match his excitement. We were surrounded by various gifts. Against the bland room, the colorful wrapped boxes stood out. However, my attention was fully on my mate and how he was the most appealing thing to me in the room. There was a refreshing glee to this man standing before my eyes.

"You have territorial witches?" I asked, holding back my urge to hug him.

He clapped his hands together and used both of his index fingers to point at my direction, "not exactly territorial witches, more like, we have two witches in our territory. We are on great terms with them so, they don't mind granting us favors from time to time." He straightened out his shirt with his hands and continued, "Josh and I travelled by air and the gifts travelled through space." He momentarily raised his eyebrows, adding the effect as he gave me the intriguing news. I can't believe my ears, Skylar Zonarus made shitty jokes like a normal person. The more I got to know him, the more I realized that we wasted too many years not being friends.