03: Raging on a Sunday

Healing factors of a werewolf are much better than those of a human being. However, as a royalty, mine is supposed to be faster than that of an average werewolf because we are from pure Lycan bloodline. 

Sometimes though, when I am in my human form my healing factor deteriorates. Despite it still being faster than an average werewolf, it is slower than what is normal for royal blood. To be completely honest, it isn't something that should be happening. So I hide it. I make sure to not get injured in my human form, even if I did I always shift to heal faster. Regardless, this never is an issue for me because I for one have an extremely high pain tolerance. While the ability mostly puts me at an advantage, it does have its downsides. Because of the tolerance I sometimes overlook when I am injured.

"Violet your palm is bleeding," I am informed by my brother through mind-link. 

I looked down at my hands for the first time in the three hours we have been in the council meeting. Without a word, I took a tissue and gently dabbed on the injury. My palms were bleeding because my blunt fingernails managed to dig into my skin as I held myself back from cussing out the most appalling Alpha in the known galaxies. 

"It just doesn't sound like it benefits the Royal Zonarus region." He responded calmly and almost casually.

Whenever one of the four regions is in question we use the name of the royal pack to make it clearer. The four regions are Valentino, Dreamheart, Onyx, and Zonarus. Each region has four packs that have their own territories within the region and their own title-holding werewolves. 

All the sixteen existing packs have been working for decades to find common ground to make a decision that will help us update the existing Accords. 

When it comes to the Accords, eighty-five percent of the packs have to vote yes for a particular law or rule to pass. It was set this way so that technically all the packs had to come to an agreement. Even though the monarchy system no longer existed, traditions still did. The non-royal packs were still susceptible to the ideologies of the royal pack of their region. That, unfortunately, made it difficult to come to a conclusion and sign the Accords with the needed eighty-five percent votes.

If a Royal Alpha was against a law, three more Alpha's were sure to follow their footsteps. It was very unlikely for non-royal or in-force Alphas' to go against their own Royal Alpha. As a matter of fact, it only happened in one case. That was also the last time we had thirteen or more votes in total in order to come to an agreement on the Accords.

For two centuries, Alphas, Lunas, and Betas of all sixteen packs have not been in the same room together at the same time. Which we are trying to change but Alpha Zonarus is being his cocky self. However, as usual, no one will call him out on it. He is a Royal Alpha like my brother, so he has the ability to speak for the other three packs in his region. And they are the region that was holding us all from making the new Accords.

I briefly looked at my brother while the Alpha of the Elwick pack, from the Royal Dreamheart region, was trying to reason with Zonarus. It was a futile attempt but an attempt nonetheless. 

"This isn't going according to the plan," my comment through the mind-link made my brother and sister-in-law nod their heads in unison. The only reason I was remaining silent is that it was part of the decorum. Each pack is allocated time to voice their concern, the pack can choose to speak on the matter or pass their time to the next pack in line.

The big screen in front of us beeped a few times notifying us when a pack passes up their time to speak. I withheld from speaking in the entire meeting because if I started debating with Zonarus, it would take me more than the default two minutes we get. I stared at the bottom-left corner of the screen, because of all the passes, the accumulated time is displayed to be eight minutes.