Warning

When we rolled into the fourth hour, I was too bored to sit in the waiting room any longer. Gus had just announced it was going to be a bit longer so I stood to stretch my legs. I look at the equally anxious group and offer to grab coffees. They eagerly accept and Ryan tells me he's going to make a few calls. I start down the hallway and he kisses the side of my cheek before disappearing outside.

I find the vending machine and wonder if the small hospital has a cafe that would have better coffee. Right as I am about to whip around to check, I hear my voice being whispered behind me. I quickly flip around and find Sebastian, partially hidden by a food delivery cart across the hallway. He nods me over and my curiosity gets the better of me. I follow behind him to an empty room at the end of the hall and I immediately wonder if I am being stupid.

As soon as I cross into the space, Sebastian pulls the curtain around us, shielding us from anyone walking in the hallway.

"Where did your scary husband go?" Sebastian asks quietly and my confusion is clearly displayed since he adds, "I don't want him getting the wrong idea."

"And what is the big idea then?" I curiously ask but then quickly add, "Why are you at the hospital?"

"My aunt is having a quick outpatient thing done and I saw Gus sprinting down the corridor. I thought you might be here if he's here with Annabeth and voila! There you were in front of me." Sebastian tells me and it's weird to be so close to him in the dark, smelling his familiar aftershave. I know Ryan wouldn't like it, so I move things along, "Why were you looking for me?"

Sebastian quickly darts his blue eyes behind us, ensuring there's no one around and then says, "I care about you Sawyer, regardless of how everything played out, I don't wish you harm." I shake my head in confusion, trying to find a response but he cuts me off, "I wanted to warn you."

"Warn me?" I skeptically ask.

He nods, "I don't know what Kit is up to, but I've put enough together to know that he might try and shake you up. Rattle you enough into not testifying against Rory."

"What? Rattle me how?"

He shrugs, "I don't know specifics but I know he's had people checking into your routine. Finding out where you're living, how often you're at the winery, where and when Ryan leaves you..."

"Jesus, why? This is...well for starters illegal, intimidating a witness," I tell him sharply and he quickly nods in agreement.

"I know, but the Cunninghams aren't ones to be messed with. They play dirty and have the money to keep them clean," Sebastian tells me and I nod.

"I'm well aware of how y'alls arrests went down in New York," I tell him plainly and I catch his frown.

"Well, then you know to keep an eye out. If anything stodgy happens it's coming from their camp. They want to draw Ryan out," Sebastian says and I become confused.

"Draw Ryan out? What do you mean?" I ask.

"They know by going after you, they'll actually get Ryan," Sebastian answers but I still need clarification.

"Get Ryan? What are you saying? Why would they get Ryan by antagonizing me?"

Sebastian looks to me like he's shocked he has to spell anything out for me, "Sawyer, if anyone harms you, they aren't worried about what you'll do to them. They worry about how Ryan will retaliate. You are what Special Agent Hart holds most dear, which makes you an easy target. You are his vulnerability. Hurt you, find the wrath of Ryan, which is what they are counting on."

"But why? What do they want with Ryan?"

"To make him useless. A hothead with a temper who lashes out. If they can prove Ryan will lash out, they can say what happened on New Years could be a lie. That either you lied to Ryan about what happened and he came for Rory or Ryan found you two together and flipped out. They want to paint him as a hotheaded detective that makes rash decisions on passion instead of logic."