Disco Inferno

Leo's POV

I looked into her eyes. I recoiled in shock. It couldn't be, could it? But it was. The girl who told me to remember her. And I did. I dreamed about her, my best friend. But she didn't remember me, I mean she looks so different, but I look the same. But I had an idea.

"If I were you I'd put that away, see you're just wasted, thinkin' 'bout the past again, darlin' you'll be okay..." I sang, my voice breaking.

She was still looking at the rough wooden floor, slowly she started to sing with the voice I had loved so much, "If you were me you'd do the same, yeah yeah, cause I can't take anymore, draw the shades and close the door. Everything is not alright and I'd rather..." she smiled at me. I made my move.

Your POV

Leo remove his hand from mine and noticing a light in the corner of my eye I turned around. Leo was on fire. Melting the blade.

It was like someone has scrubbed my memories, they were blurry but now it was clear, my days with Leo, the attack. Everything.

Slowly I started singing our old song, mumbling at first, "I think I'm gonna need some therapy, oh babe I hope you got a PhD, won't you let me on your leather couch, I got a lot of needs to talk about..." he winked. Sliding the burning hot blade, which he had made into a delicate ring with small letters he had etched with a pen he had picked up, onto my finger.

It took me a minute to decipher it, 'DISCO INFERNO'. My eyes widened and I chuckled at our old 'team name'. He leaned towards me and whispered, "I remembered" with that you hugged him. He was your friend.