The lost cause

Your POV

"Y/n! Wait up, beautiful" Leo shouted. I ran, I'd been ignoring him for weeks after to whole sleepover. Truth be told I was drunk. Not a little bit, so much I seemed normal, but if you were clever, you could tell. The girls and me had all drunk a bit before hand. And apparently my wall goes down when I'm drunk.

I ran into the cave I'd discovered. It'd become somewhat a den to me, I'd put in some seating, a desk and generally made it look cool. I sat down on the cuddle chair in the corner. Until I heard footsteps. Damn.

"Nice place you've got here, pretty lady." Leo smirked, he knew I couldn't hide now. I gulped. He sat beside me, slinging his arm around my shoulder and holding my body close to his. "Y/n. You need to tell me what's wrong." he said with a serious face, he looked worried.,"hun..." he whispered.

Tears cascaded down my burning cheeks. He held me against him in a hug. But nothing stopped the tears. "Why can't I be happy. Ever?" I stammered, "I'm so helplessly in love with you and I know that you don't love me back." I wailed. He looked shocked, "But I told you that I loved you."

"Its okay hot stuff, you were drunk, I get it."

"I didn't drink any alcohol that day." he said confused, "wait. Did you?" he asked, I nodded. He looked away, a tear rolled down his cheek. He gently pushed you away and started to walk away, "I thought you meant it. I thought there was a spark."

"There was. I meant it. Every freaking word" he continued walking, his body more relaxed as he walked away.

I punched the cave wall. Hard.