Ch.4

(Thank you all for the reviews and followers. I was surprised to hear people were enjoying my fanfic especially since this is my first one.) 

(For the review that said the story will become boring keeping it too close to canon. It will deviate from canon soon.) 

(For the question about mana, Percy has more mana than Alecto because of his intelligence and because he is a demigod.)

(For example, Athena's kids would have a lot of mana unfortunately, they have no special abilities like the Hephaestus cabin who have the potential to get fire.

As I heard the notification [Ding!], it woke me from my trancelike state. Looking around, I checked to see if Mr. Brunner was still here, not seeing him I left the empty room heading towards the outside of the museum not even noticing the sword turning back into a pen. As I was about to reach the outside, I remembered to check my notifications.

[For killing your first monster you have started your demigod life. Your scent which attracts monsters has been boosted by 5x, monsters from all over will head to any location that has your scent.] 

[Congratulations, the system can now deliver quests. Quests will include monster slaying and unknown tasks. Raise level or find more information to unlock new types of quests.] 

[Congratulations you have fought your first monster and survived] 

+ 1 luck 

[Reward] 

+ 500 Exp 

+ 1 skill book 

[You have leveled up!] 

+ 5 stat points 

I stared at the text; I did not care about the quests, skill book or the level up at the moment. All I could think about was any monster that smells my scent is about to head to my location. I thought to myself where can I go, I cannot go home they could attack my mom. As soon as that thought occurred I dropped the pen and bolted out the door running to the apartment. 

What if they attack her I thought in a panic to myself trying to push myself as hard as I could hoping to get there faster. Wouldn't she have a similar scent that would attract monsters? I ignored the [Ding!] as I ran I have more important matters at the moment. As I reached the block the apartment is on I breathed a sigh of relief. My mom was just getting into the apartment and it looked like there was no one else here. I was about to head on up when I saw a huge explosion blasting the windows and what looked to be claws of fire holding my mom's body out the window when she and the hand vanished. 

I ran to the building ignoring the smoke and the fire that licked my skin. Where is she I thought in a panic as I ran up the stairs, there is no way she disappeared like that? This all my fault had a monster really attacked because of my scent and the boost I got from the system? As I calmed down. I thought which was the monster that started this fire, I will kill them I thought in a blind rage. 

I was knocked out of it as soon as the stairs collapsed from my feet. I hit the ground hard and felt what seemed to be scorching pieces of wood fall onto my back burning my skin. I screamed out in pain. which did not seem to stop no matter how much I rolled around trying to get rid of the burning pain. In fact, rolling around seemed to be a bad Idea with how much fire was around me. As I hit another patch of fire this time with my arm, the pain doubled around where I wore the bracelet. I managed to hear what seemed to be a few [Ding!] sounds but I could not focus my mind to see what it was. The only respite I had was when I felt what seems to be rain on my skin giving me more energy which just seemed to prolong the time I spent in pain.