Ch.5

When I saw the knife bounce off the hellhound, I started to panic. Thankfully, it seems all the points spent into intelligence were not wasted, because I remembered that opening any window on the bracelet freezes time.

As I watched the window appear I calmed down slightly now I had plenty of time to think of how to get out of this situation. Thinking carefully and more proof that raising my intelligence was the right move. I thought about how I could not damage monsters with the knife I threw and I would assume all the other knives I had in my inventory. So how did that sword Chiron gave me to fight the fury with, damage it?

Even with all my intelligence, I felt like an idiot for dropping the sword when I ran to check up on my mom. Not a lot of good that did with her ending up dead and all. Pausing in surprise I wondered when I started to think like this. Previously I could not even think about her, her passing still fresh in my mind. Yet not a day later I am having no trouble when thinking of her death. As I thought of this I looked at the bracelet. Was the bracelet influencing my mind? I should not be so accepting of my mother's death so soon.

Stopping I decided to think on this another time, right now I have bigger problems like how to damage this hellhound without a weapon. Spinning around, I looked for anything I could hit the monster with. Since weapons don't work, I'm hoping blunt force will. Not seeing anything in reach or out of reach I opened my character status hoping to see anything that could help me.

[The demigod System]

[Character Status]

[Name: Percy Jackson] Lv.11 Exp 200/1500

[Age: 15] [Race: demigod] [Titles: None]

[HP: 250/250] (Health Regen: 1.5 per min)

[Stamina: 225/225] (Stamina Regen 3 per min)

[Mana: 700/700] (Mana Regen 1.2 per min)

[Affinity - Water]

[Stats]

Strength - 12

Vitality - 14

Dexterity - 4

Intelligence - 35

Wisdom - 12

Charisma - 2

Luck - 1

Stat Points - 65

[Skills]

Knife throwing Lv-1 (0%)

Archery Lv-1 (0%)

Sword Novice Lv-1 (0%)

Eavesdrop Lv-1 (0%)

Observe Lv-6 (9%)

Running Lv-5 (13%)

Cooking Lv-4 (0%)

Languages: English Lv-Max, Latin Lv-2

Skill Points - 0

[Special Abilities]

Can control water

Special Ability Points - 0

[Perks]

Knowledge Absorber Lv-1 [You can learn skills from books, the more advanced the book the higher the skill you get is.] Can raise skill level by absorbing books for that skill.