Ch.12

(Wow. So when I asked about implanting the gorgon eye in Percy, I didn't expect all these comments. Nor did I think that some readers would want Reika to get it.)

(So Reika is going to get the eye! For those who wanted Percy to get it, There is a surprise at the end of book 1. Not this chapter, but when he returns to camp half-blood.)

*Enjoy* = someone texting!

(Thanks to my beta reader Qwityboy!)

________________________________________________________________________________

*Beeeeppp* I woke with a start, as a car honked driving down the road. I had been driving for the past couple of days and had just reached Tennessee, stopping in a small fast food place to catch some sleep.

Groaning a little, I stretched from my seat in the car. Yes, I slept in the car. After the little "Ares" incident, I wanted to reach California ASAP.

Now that I had stopped for a little bit, I opened the bracelet's Items tab and grabbed Medusa's eye. I had been thinking about it as I drove, and had come to the realization that it would be very helpful in a tight spot.

Holding it up to the light shining through the car windows I brought in to my eye. Naturally, I had no idea how to do this. But I was hoping by placing it near my eye would something. As soon as the eye came an inch from my own, I felt a blinding pain then blacked out.

I came to a few minutes later holding my head as I did so. I had a major headache. Taking a look in the car mirror, I checked for any changes. None. My eyes were exactly the same.

Sighing I started the car and prepared to leave. Checking my rear mirror, I froze as I saw Reika in the back with golden dust covering the back seats of the vehicle. Not bothering to turn the car off, I scrambled to the back of the car.

Reika was laying on her side with golden dust falling from her closed eye. Sensing me coming closer, she opened her shut eyes. Staring into my eyes was one molten orange and one glowing green eye with a mix of silver in it. Somehow, Reika had gotten Medusa's eye.

Raising my hand, and not wanting to scare her, I slowly started to rub her head. "Sorry girl, I don't know how this happened." I spoke in a relaxing, soft tone.

As I was getting her, a thought came to me. This was Medusa's eye... and I was not stone. Looking down at Reika I checked her character status.

[Name: Reika] Lv.39 Exp 14,731/27,500

[Age: 21] [Race: Hellhound] [Titles: Queen of the Hellhound] [Companion of Percy Jackson] [Currently not hidden in shadow]

[HP: 2,425/2,425]

[Mana: 1,420/1,420]

[Affinity - Shadows/Darkness]

[Stats]

Strength - 54

Vitality - 99

Dexterity - 92

Intelligence - 71

Wisdom - 41

Charisma - 0

Luck - 12

Stat Points - 0

[Skills]

Slash Lv-7 (21%)

Pounce Lv-4 (61%)

Skill Points - 0