Ch.11

The pairing vote is over! The winner is Hestia.

Voting time! When should Percy and Hestia get together? End of the first book? Or somewhere in the second book?

(Thanks to my beta reader Qwityboy.)

________________________________________________________________________________

I woke with a groan. My muscles ached as I sat up from my bed. I had been sparring with the Ares cabin for the past couple days. The good news was that I had won a few spars with the younger campers, and raised my physical endurance perk. The less pleasant news was that even though I raised my Dagger Advanced beginner skill to level 3, the Exp gain had slowed tremendously.

Standing up, I grabbed some clothes and headed to the shower. I needed to get ready for a meeting that Chiron wanted. Who knows what that's about.

...

I left the cabin in my, now normal, black outfit, V-Jacket and all. And started to head towards the big house where Chiron wanted to meet. As I was walking, I subconsciously smiled as I caught sight of the campfire where I had spent the past couple nights speaking with Hestia. She was not there currently, but she most likely would later tonight.

Opening the door to the big house, I saw Chiron reading some papers. A flicker of movement caught my attention. Turning my head, I saw Grover, the satyr that I hadn't seen since Yancy Academy.

Seeing me, Chiron placed the papers down. "There you are Percy! you are no doubt curious as to why you're here."

I nodded. I had been speaking less and less this past couple of days, except to Hestia, of course.

"Well, first. What did you think of the hellhound?" asked Chiron.

"It was an annoyance." I told him semi-honestly.

"I... See." replied Chiron. You could easily see he was not expecting that answer. "Well, moving on. There's a quest."

I raised an eyebrow. "And what does this have to do with me?" I didn't like where this is going.

Chiron sighed. "You see Percy...Zeus's lightning bolt, His symbol of power, has gone missing." he stared wearily at me. "And Zeus believes that you did it. Naturally, he didn't suspect you at first. No, he blamed Poseidon. But with you being in New York when it was stolen and now being claimed as Poseidon's son..."

"I see," I replied. I was not happy being suspected as a thief, especially for something I didn't steal and a man I had never met. [Ding!]

[Quest alert!]

[Retrieve Zeus's symbol of power]

[Time limit - 336 Hours left]

[Reward]

+ 100,000 Exp

+ Unknown

[You can not reject this quest]

Ok then. I thought, deadpan. I glare at Chiron. "What would you have me do?" I questioned.

He moved a little closer and said. "You need to see the Oracle." he towards the stairs. "Go upstairs to the attic. And when you come back down, Assuming you're still sane, we will talk."

Nodding my head, I started my trek up four flights of stairs. As I was walking, I thought back to what I received for reaching 100 in the luck stat.

(Flash Back) Three days ago

I woke up with a start; a sharp sound was ringing in my ears. Sitting up I saw the bracelet blinking. Clicking it, I opened the window and received my reward for reaching 100 stat points in luck.