Ch.6

Reading my new companion's stats and title was not only surprising but fascinating to discover. Could I build an army of monster companions? I stopped that train of thought and laughed to myself. I'm getting way to ahead of myself.

Staring at the hellhound or should I say, queen, hellhound. I wondered what her perk could be? Could I raise her level? Would she get Exp for killing other monsters? Would she even attack other monsters? As I thought over these questions, I decided to see if there were any descriptions for her title of Queen of the hellhounds.

[Queen of the hellhounds]

[The queen of the hellhounds is a title that can only be acquired by killing the previous queen.]

+ 50% damage to hellhounds

+ 35% proficiency when using shadows

So nothing restricting her from attacking other hellhounds, good to know. Glancing down at the hellhound I begin to have a small smile appear on my face. Even if spending the drachmae was an accident. The gain was by far worth it. With my new companion by my side, it would make hunting much better. I could attack bigger packs or maybe a different monster. Who knows what loot I could get.

A growl from the queen broke my train of thought. Looking at her I saw her stare at some trees. There were two hellhounds at the tree line staring at me and my companion. Looking down at the hellhound queen I decided to test my new companion and see how a level 32 monster does.

"Attack them I said uncertainly", not sure what commands I could use or if any commands would work on my new companion.

Reika eyes seemed to bore into me. Her eyes almost seemed to say, really. Rising from her crouched position she seemed to lazily drag herself to the two hellhounds. Watching my companion I waited for something to happen maybe a skill or something. As if sensing me being anxious she turned looked at me then continued dragging herself to the hellhounds.

Finally, she arrived I thought to myself. She is sure taking her time. After reaching the hellhounds, the queen simply swiped with her claws. I stood still in amazement as the two hellhounds turned into golden dust. Never had I been so glad for making her my companion. If not for taming her, I might have attempted to have fought her. That would not have gone so well.

[Ding!] stopping as I heard the notification. I opened the bracelet.

[For your companion killing two hellhounds you have gained 1,500 dollars and 11 drachmae.]

[Your companion has made there first kill since being tamed. All Exp is split when killed by a companion.]

[Settings can be changed]

+ 50 Exp to Reika

+ 50 Exp

Reading the text I was surprised yet already thinking of ways I could put this to use. Would I not be able to have multiple tamed monsters, then having them farm and me getting half the Exp. Thinking this over I decided to experiment later, I have other more pressing matters for now.

Looking over the text I checked to see what setting I can set for Exp. It would not be good to split Exp all the time. I would slow down leveling by half. I picked the setting that looked to be the most helpful.

[You and your companion will only split Exp from beings that are killed by your companion.]

Nodding my head I decided that would do for now. As I raised my head I paused, Reika was in front of me now. Reaching my hand out I decided to test how much I could do with my companion. Just as I was about to touch her fur she took a step back and growled. Stopping my hand from moving forward any more I thought on why I could order Reika to attack but not pet her. Thinking over my memories I was glad to have raised my intelligence when I did. It would have been a nightmare trying to raise it in the wild.