Ch.14

Percy's thoughts = Italics

Someone texting! = *Enjoy*

(Percy will now think the word observe to use the skill. I am tired of writing "I used the observe skill")

( I know Hestia is not the goddess of fire, but here, she is.)

(Thanks to my beta reader Qwityboy!)

________________________________________________________________________________

(Percy's POV)

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder as I looked at Reika's eye. Turning my head slightly, I saw Hestia with a concerned look on her face.

"What happened?" asked Hestia.

I sat down on the ice, pulling her down with me gently. I then recounted to her all that had occurred while still holding Reika's eye in my palm.

"Are you going to implant that into one of your eyes?" Curiously asked Hestia.

Should I? it would be helpful in a way. I would remember her every time I look into the mirror. Not only that there are unknown stats that come with it.

Turning the eye in my palm, I watched as the molten orange eye glowed. Observe

[Reminder of a friend]

[You may implant this eye]

[Chance of success - 100%]

"Yeah, I will." I said to Hestia. Then I brought the eye to mine.

I really hope this works.

There was a flash of dark purple light. Then the pain started. It felt as if small knives were being pressed into my skull, one by one.

I felt Hestia lift my head, and then all went black.

(Hestia's POV)

I watched as Percy lifted the eye next to his own. There was a dark purple flash, and he collapsed to the ground. At first, I thought everything was fine other than the fact he fell, but then Percy opened his mouth and spat out blood.

Moving forward, I grabbed him, trying to make sure he was not going to choke. Carefully moving his head, I laid him down on the ground next to me.

Taking a glance around, I decided to remove the ice. Holding out my hand, a flicker of flame appeared. Using it, I started to melt the ice while making sure not to burn Percy.

It's amusing how mortals assumed that Hephaestus is the god of fire. All because of that forge and him having a small domain with fire. Well maybe in a way he is a minor god of fire, but his are mere embers to mine.

I shook my head. The only fire he could use was normal fire. Such was the fate one has when having only a small domain.

I smirked and changed the fire as I melted the rest of the ice.

If anyone witnessed this scene, they would see two people, one sleeping, while the other burning the ice with an outstretched arm. Black flames extending from her palm.

(Percy's POV)

I woke with a gasp while attempting to push myself off the ground. My face paled as I fell back down. I could still feel phantom aches from implanting the eye.

A warm hand ran through my hair. Cracking an eye open, I saw Hestia watching me, worry covering her face.

"I don't believe that was supposed to happen." I rasped out, my throat dry.