Chapter 7

Chance POV

*

"Damn this shit seems bigger than the last time I was here," I said walking towards the backdoor slowly.

"This is where Maria and them used to live?" Drew looked at the place with his jaw dropped. "They could fit twenty Mexican families in this bitch."

"Chill," I glared at him. "Don't forget I'm Mexican bitch."

"All y'all Mexican to me so I don't give a fuck," he flicked me off. I slick rolled my eyes and picked the lock. The alarm started going but thankfully Maria gave me the code so we were able to cut it off. "She doesn't seriously think we can find something in this big ass castle does she?"

"She said to call her when we get in so she can point us to the safe." I called Maria up.

"Took you long enough," she answered.

"You try sneaking into the middle of enemy territory without being seen in a timely manner."

"Don't want to hear it. Where are you?"

"Kitchen."

"Alright papi's office was on the fourth floor. Take the elevator up."

"Iight. Drew let's-" When I turned around this nigga was gone. "What the-"

"I found the bridge to Tarabithia!" I heard from somewhere in the house.

"The fuck is that idiot doing?" Maria cussed.

"I don't know and I don't want to know. Let him go exploring." I headed to where the elevator was located. You know you had way too much money if you've got a damn elevator in your house. "You talk to anybody else?"

"Yeah. Selena is focusing on helping Sophia recover. She has a slur when she talks but other than that she seems fine. The guys are busy preparing for a war so we don't get to talk too much. Dallas and I are on bad terms. Tanisha is doing her school thing with Nakiya."

"Why you and ole boy on bad terms?"

"I don't really want to get into it right now. You up there yet?"

The elevator came to a stop. "Yeah." This is probably the only floor I've been on when being here. I was a bit turned around since it's been so long but was able to re-locate his office space. "Iight I'm here. What am I looking for?"

"Everything still looks the same?"

"Looks like it." I opened the office door and things looked untouched. "Where at?"

"Behind that ugly ass painting behind his desk." I moved the painting from off the wall and she gave me the combination. "Anything?"

"Some papers," I said shuffling through them. "Old pictures, mostly of your mom. I see the OG's too. Nothing on this Jason nigga."

"Damn it," she muttered. "He could have a hidden safe somewhere but that house has way too many places for it to be stashed."

"You have no idea where it could be? You sure he meant a safe?"

"I'm assuming," she said. "All he said was everything dealing with the man Jason was in a safe place and there's nowhere safer than a safe."

"Uh huh," I mumbled. I started thinking back to when the boss and I would be talking to each other. Most of our conversations would consist of business but when the girls and I got cool he sort of began treating me like family.

"Sobrino!" I turned to Parca as he walked towards me. Ever since my pops got pinched a few months ago he's been calling me his nephew. I've always looked up to the man and respected him so it never bothered me. "Sorry to keep you waiting. Maria was being hard headed."