Chapter 37

Sophia POV

*

He dragged me to a room with a bed. "Stop! I'm supposed to be your niece!" Asiaa came and just stood up against the wall.

"So?" he laughed. "I've given up so much so far. Might as well keep it going."

"What the fuck do you get out of this?!"

"Whatever I want."

"No!" I kicked him in the groin. He got angry. We began fighting. He got the upper hand and was choking me. I was gasping for air.

"Now," he started pulling my clothes off. "Be a good slut and moan for daddy." I couldn't scream. Couldn't fight back. Couldn't do anything. I heard a single gun shot and his grip loosened. I could finally breathe again. I started choking. He lied on the ground, bleeding from the head. What the fuck happened? I looked up and saw Chance.

"C-Chance?" He came over and hugged me tight.

"Thank god I came through the window huh?"

I chuckled and wiped the tears. "Yeah."

"Let's go." He grabbed Asiaa and used her as a hostage. We came up to the front where Keion, Speed, and two older men had their guns drawn on Darren.

"Where is he? Where the fuck is Chance?"

"I'm right here bitch!" Darren turned around and glared at Chance, I don't think anybody can see me standing directly behind him. "Let them go Darren." More people, who looked like allies came in.

"This still your favorite hoe right?" he pointed his gun at Maria. "Now, you drop your weapons."

"Don't do it Chance," Maria said. "Don't risk everybody for me please."

"Maria-"

"Just listen to me!" her voice cracked. "Don't just think about me please! Save them." I promised to keep her safe. I looked around everyone's faces. They looked defeated. I can't believe I have to do this.

"You really want to lose your best friend?" He didn't believe I would make the sacrifice.

"If I can save my family, I'm willing to make that sacrifice."

"I guess I can too." His hand moved for the trigger.

"Maria!" I screamed. I moved from behind Chance and saw Darren standing there with a hole in his stomach. He looked down at it and then at the person who shot him.

"Not to take from this moment," the old Hispanic man said, his voice thick with a heavy accent. "But I am a busy man." Darren fell to the floor. It's over. It's finally over.

Kyng POV

*

I was let free of the handcuffs. Thank god for Chance man. None of us would be alive if it wasn't for him. Everybody was busy letting everyone go. Out of my peripheral, I saw movement. Asiaa had a gun. "Aye watch out!" I jumped in front of the old man she was aiming at and took a bullet straight to the chest.

"Kyng!" They lit her up. "No papi, please don't leave me. We almost made it."

"I love you Maria."

"Don't say that please," she was crying. "You'll get better. Please I'm pregnant. I need you papi."

"Get him up!" They lifted me up and took me out the building. I tried staying awake for as long as I can.

"Kyng," I heard a deep voice. It was my old man. "Stay with me son. Please. Hold on." I held his hand. I started seeing everything. Just me and my moms. Meeting up with the guys. Parca introducing me to the game. Running the trap. Asiaa breaking my heart. Meeting Maria and the girls. All the things we've been through together. Santi. KJ. Harmony. My dreams of marrying Maria. Our family growing.

There was this bright light in front of me. There was someone standing in front of it. "Kyng." I know that voice.

"Parca." I started walking towards him.

"Take care of my girls. Tell them I love them. And tell Chance I said thank you. I'm sorry you all had to go through this. You don't belong here son. It is not your time. Please, save my Maria. Go back."

Maria POV

*

"Maria," I heard a raspy voice. The grip on my hand tightened. I looked up. He's waking up. Oh thank god. "Maria."

"I'm here papi." Everyone started getting up too. The doctors were sure he wouldn't make it through the night. It broke my heart thinking my kids were going to have to lose their father. And when he finally gets to have a child he'll be able to raise from birth.

"Oh thank god Kyng," my old man said. "I thought I was going to lose you before we got a chance to get to know each other more."

"I ain't leaving yet old man." He chuckled. Chance walked in. "Man you saved our asses back there. I don't know how to thank you."

He smiled. "Wasn't no problem. I always got y'all back." He suddenly got serious. "I'm glad you woke up though...before I said goodbye."

"Goodbye? Where are you going?" Maria stood up. "Chance? What...What'd you do to get them to help us?"

Everyone stood/sat around waiting for an answer. "I remembered something," he said chuckling. "Parca used to always tell me this thing that I never understood until recently. I was...I was always good at making friends."

"Chance," Maria said. "What'd you do?"

"I just um-" His voice started cracking like he was about to cry. "Carmela, really likes Peppa Pig and um...I was thinking of doing her first birthday party that theme so...can y'all handle that for me?"

"Oh son," my pops said. "You didn't-"

"I never knew how valuable my life was," he chuckled while a tear fell out of his eyes. "My life for all of y'alls. For a little back up. That was the deal."

"No," Maria said covering her mouth. "Not you too. Chance no!"

"I moved all my funds into this account," his voice cracked handing us a piece of paper. "I can't just leave my child in y'alls hand without something right."

"Chance don't," Selena cried. "Chase wanted you to live outside of this life! Why? Why would you do this?"

"I couldn't protect my father. I couldn't protect Parca. Hell, I couldn't protect Chase and he was right in front of me. But I could protect everyone else I loved. And if that meant I had to join the Cartel, and live the life I was supposed to live from the jump, I would've done in a heartbeat. Even if that meant...I could never see you all again."

"Chance!" Maria cried. We all broke down crying. This isn't possible. This isn't right. We won. We fucking won and we still fucking lost. Why Chance man? Why him of all people? Our family will never be the same again.

I cried again y'all!! 😩😩😩 I'm heartless. I'm terrible. Why do I do these things to myself and my readers?!