Chapter 20

Few months later

*

*

*

Maria POV

*

Guess what?! My hijo starts school today. And guess what else. Mi hija going to preschool!! Lord I wanna cry right now. Both of my babies are leaving me. I can't deal. I'm actually over here tearing up and shit. "Man calm your cry baby ass down," Chance said.

"Fuck you man." I wiped the tears away. "They going to school man. I don't want them to go. That means they're growing up they need to be my babies again." They laughed at me but I'm being serious. Oh yeah the gang is also here. I want to show them something later. Even Dallas. He didn't bring Asiaa though. 👐👐👐👐👐👐👐

"They'll be fine Maria," Dallas said. We're also on somewhat good terms. He's been doing a pretty good job as a parent. I know he wants me to get to know KJ but Asiaa might have a fit so we'll postpone that.

"I know they'll be fine but what about me? Why is summer only three months long?"

"It's okay Maria," Sophia hugged me. "I know how you feel. Andre going to preschool scares me too."

"At least someone cares." They laughed at me. No one ever takes me seriously. In these past few months Chase and Box did leave the gang like they planned. Box is now getting his degree in sports medicine at the local college where Kiya is. Chase is thinking about getting his degree in computer science. We're trying to convince him to go to a really good university for that like in New York or maybe Duke. Tyson is on the fence about leaving so soon after we lost two members already. Speed is already looking into some investments. He already said school isn't his cup of tea so he ain't going back. Drew will probably be Drew forever. Santi and Harmony came out in their matching first day of school outfits. I broke down and started crying. "Man don't let them go. I'm not ready."

"Damn girl calm down," Chance side eyed me.

"Fuck you," I sniffed. "You know I'm crazy." They laughed again. Why does everyone laugh when I'm being serious? 😠😣😒 "Man y'all take the picture." I turned around and waited. Lord I feel like a baby right now. I cried like this when Santi first went to school and Marcus was teasing the hell out of me to the point Santi made fun. 😭😭😭😭 corrupting my baby.

"Bring your cry baby ass on," Drew said. He's lucky I'm emotional or I would've smacked the hell out of him.

I was so emotional I couldn't drive. Chance had to drive me. We pulled up to Santi's school. I broke down crying. "It's okay mommy," he hugged me. "I'll be back soon. Te amo." I don't know what the fuck I said because I was crying so much. I guess he understood I don't know. "Te amo daddy." He hugged Dallas.

"Love you too son." KJ doesn't start school until tomorrow so Dallas could see both of his sons start school.

"Te amo Harmony." She looked ready to cry. "Volveré pronto. Prometo." (I'll be back soon. I promise) "Te amo everyone." He walked to his class and I wanted to run in there and take him home. 😭😭😭😭 Why can't he stay my baby forever?

"Maria stop acting crazy," Chance said.

"No!" I pouted. Now I have to deal with Harmony leaving me. We pulled up to her preschool and we both cried like babies. Chance had to pick me up and carry me to the car. We were finally back on the road.

"You going to act like this every day?"

"No," I sniffed. After a while I did get use to Santi going to school. It's always the first week that gets me. "Okay I'm fine now. We're going to Fox Wood Drive."