Chapter 10

Maria POV

*

Man it feels like I have the biggest hangover of my life right now. Minus the nausea and triple the pain. Last thing I remember was leaving Tyson and them to talk to Scar. After that it was completely blank. "Fuck!" It hurts like a bitch to breathe too.

"Thank god you're okay," Selena said. My room was packed with everyone. "Without all that adrenaline pumping through your system you wouldn't have made it to the hospital. You got shot in the stomach and chest."

"Damn," I sighed. "At least now I don't have to come up with bullshit ass excuses."

"You think this is a joke?" Kyng said looking livid. "You almost died Maria!"

I slick rolled my eyes. "But I didn't so-"

"The bullet was an inch from your fucking heart Maria!"

"Yeah I get that. No need to yell."

"What you did was stupid and fucking reckless. You almost died and you're lying there like it's not a big fucking deal! You went off for weeks barely kept in touch and come back just to get yourself killed?! Is that how a mo-"

"Aye man chill," Box said. "He's salty you almost killed him. Chance drugged you and everything."

"So that's the big bad Maria you were talking about?" Speed asked. "They said you didn't even seem like yourself. How the hell you did you kill them with a pen?"

I shrugged. "I don't remember anything after leaving Chance and Chase. Fuck! Where's Chase?! Is he okay?"

"Yeah," Chase was being moved into my room by that dude Ram. He grinned. "Good thing I taught you that trick huh?"

"I will never fight you as hard as I did ever again." They started laughing. Laugh all they want I'm dead ass. Everyone stayed for a while. Kyng sat there with the stank face the whole time not talking. I get he's upset and everything but I don't have the energy to stroke his ego right now.

Asiaa POV

*

"Remember what I told you," I scolded KJ. Dallas is popping by to see KJ unexpectedly so now I have to straighten everything up. I don't need Dallas to think I can't take care of our son or whatever chance we have a rekindling our relationship will be thrown out the window.

"Yes mommy," he said. There was a knock on the door. "Daddy!" KJ has grown attached to Dallas, which is good because that in turn will get us where we need to be. Dallas let himself in since I forgot to lock the door. I let them hug or whatever.

"What's up mini-me?" Dallas loves calling him that. I sat at the table with past due bills. "What's this?"

"Bills," I sighed. "I guess I really should've thought this process of getting a house through huh? Now I've got to come up with all this money or we're not going to have any lights."

"Don't worry I've got it."

"No, no it's okay. I can't ask you to do that. Besides, I don't know if I can pay you back. This is my responsibility-"

"And KJ is mines. I can't have my first born living with no electricity. Or my baby mama. You don't have to pay me back. Matter of fact, I'll pay all the bills. I make twice this amount with one drop anyways so don't worry about it."

"Are you sure? I don't want you getting in trouble with your girlfriend-"

"It's my money and my son. She doesn't have a say in either of those things." His jaw clenched. I wonder if that means there's trouble in paradise.

"Oh okay. You wanna sit?" We chilled in the living room just tripping like old times. We shared funny memories we had.

"Remember we were in fifth grade and in science class I put a frog down your shirt?" We both started laughing hard.

"Man fuck you that shit was not cool. You know I was terrified of those things. Couldn't stand your ugly ass."

He sucked his teeth. "Man gone somewhere with that lie. You know you loved me so stop playing."

"In your big head dreams," I laughed mushing his face.

"Girl don't be touching my face and junk." He grabbed my hand. We both looked at our intertwined hands. It felt like middle school all over again. Just being with him, touching him, the whole world just stops. We looked into each other's eyes at the same time. His eyes traveled to my mouth. He bit the corner of his lip. He always did that when he wanted to kiss me. I'm not going to lie. I'm getting turned on just by looking at him. I leaned forward to make the first move.

"Daddy!" KJ ran in the room with a toy. Damn it KJ! He just had to come in right when I had Dallas where I wanted. "See my toy!"

"Yeah little man." And just like that, I lost my chance to get Dallas.

Chance POV

*

I went back to the hospital because Chase, Maria and I have some things to talk about. I got up to their room and Chase and Maria was just getting up. "What's good fam?" I closed the door. "We got business to discuss."

"What business so early in the morning?" Maria lazy ass complained.

"Nigga it's 2 in the afternoon."

"Same shit."

I just shook my head. "Anyways, we have to figure out our next move. Darren is obviously catching wind of us being here."

"He is?" Chase asked. I forgot he was out of the loop a bit. I gave him the quick gist of everything he missed. "Damn that's crazy. Does this mean y'all have to leave?"

"No," I said. "It's better for us to stick with Dallas. Everyone knows everything that's happened with him and they understand what we're up against. We'll be at a severe disadvantage if we decide to leave."

"If Darren is sending spies in to keep tabs on Kyng then he must know something," Maria said. "Time is not on our side. The moment he gets word of us being here that's it. We're done for."

"Not necessarily," Chase said. "If he was already in the process of finding dirt on Kyng then he had to have known you were here by now. Darren is wild and psychotic but the dude isn't dumb. I'm positive he knows already."

"Which worries me because if he knows about us and isn't moving on us that means he has a plan," I said. "I don't know what it is and it's making me anxious."

"That means we have to find someone close to him. Sharon. She was plotting with his dad and now she's obviously plotting with him now. We get her we get the information we need."

"Yeah but no one knows where she is. It's going to take a lot of digging to track her down."

"Not that much. She was apparently close to Kyng's mom so maybe she has an idea of where to find her."

"Alright. I'll let you handle that once you get out of here and healed up but that's it. You need to calm down Maria. You have a growing son and you can't keep putting yourself in danger like this. Dallas wasn't exaggerating you know. That bullet barely missed your heart and that adrenaline was the only thing keeping you lucid long enough to get to the hospital."

She sighed. "I just need to find out the truth."

"I understand that but the truth isn't worth your life. Let me do the heavy lifting. You don't always have to be the front man you know. And stop leaving people in the dark. There are a lot of people who care about you."

She rolled her eyes. "You mean Kyng?"

"That man loves the hell out of you. Scars and all. You're strong. Sometimes too strong. Stop being stubborn and lean on him."

"Alright Chance." I shook my head before leaving. "Chance? Are you any closer in finding out who shot Sophia?"

"No but I am still looking into it. Trust me."