C h a p t e r T h r e e

~ Welcome Back ~

Evie

"I really don't miss wearing this stupid thing", I complained while attempting to adjust my kilt. It involuntarily kept riding up my waist and showing off my upper thighs, making me feel a little self conscious. This was a catholic school after all.

"Yeah", Liv agreed, "but at least guys still find them sexy. If you used just the right amount of makeup, and show a little cleavage, you could totally pull off the whole naughty school girl look. You know the one that most hoes dress up as for Halloween?", she said while looking down and playing with her own kilt.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure that any girl dressed like that would get suspended", I said while thinking about the holiday itself. "Does SAH let students even dress up for Halloween? Or is that too disapproving?"

"Well considering that one idiots' costume last year consisted of just a sock on his sausage, I think it's pretty safe to say that they'll be cancelling Halloween this year".

"Total bummer", I sighed.

"I know right", Liv agreed with a nod, "but, I did hear that the prom committee this year will also be organizing our schools own Halloween party at this rent out bar in Quebec. It's perfect! Even though most of us won't be of age, we just have people supply the drinks at the open bar, and we all just get hammered together anyways. They started the tradition when we were in grade nine".

"That actually sounds sick", I smiled, "count me in for sure".

Liv looped her arm through mine and squealed, "I can't wait! This is going to be the best year yet!"

We continued to walk down the hallway together until we met the entrance of the front office.

I could feel my anxiety resurface, and I'm pretty sure Liv noticed too as she squeezed my arm reassuringly. "Well, here it goes", I said walking towards the door. I looked back to see Liv giving me a big smile with her thumbs up.

I swear on my grandmas angel that nothing had changed in this room from the last time I was in here, except for the receptionist who was indeed the same lady who introduced herself to me on my very first day back in grade seven. She still held the same style and round rimmed glasses, but I could tell that her facial features had much matured since our last encounter.

It was quite busy during the morning in the front office as many kids from various grades raced in to sign late slips to take to their home room classes. I waited patiently until it died down considering that I was in no rush to head to my first class.

Eventually the room cleared out and I was the only remaining student left in the office. I glanced over at the principles office and noticed that the old principle had left, and was replaced with another one. The sign hanging on the door read 'Mrs. Ebony' in big gold letters. Even though Principle Prickly was gone, there was no doubt in my mind that my student file would help this knew principle know my life with a glimpse of my record. Let's just say that I had spent quite a lot of time in the principles office, thanks to Liv and a no good son of a bitch named Easton Woods.

I was lost in thought when I heard someone talking and I turned to face the front desk. Ms. Louis looked at me with a bit of impatience resting in her gaze.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear that. Could you repeat that again please?" I asked politely showing her one of my toothy smiles. Hopefully my dimples helped to lighten her mood.

She smiled back and began again, "I said, and how may I help you?"

"Oh right", I said laughed shyly, "um, my name is Evangeline Winter. I'm a new, well returning new-ish student. This is my first day back".