C h a p t e r F o u r

~ The Rule of Kilts ~

Evie

My kilt was riding up my ass for the one hundredth time today and I had just about had enough of the stupid thing.

"Tell me again why I can't wear the khaki dress pants to school", I said picking at my kilt.

"Because that's the fastest way you'll get judged in this fucked up school", Liv said walking beside me. "Only the dikes, bi's and guys wear them. If you wore them you'd probably be considered one of the three by the entire school".

"Well that's just horse shit. I wear jeans all the time! How is that any different? What kind of democratic opinionated society is this place", I said scowling.

"I don't know babe, but in freshman year they came at us hard. The seniors taught us 'the rule of kilts'. It's like some secret girl society rule that only applies to us girls. It's ridiculous".

"Rule of kilts my ass", I mumbled still straightening out my kilt.

We were walking down the hall to our lockers when I spotted him. Of course all of his friends were at his locker, most likely talking about sports scholarships, the weekend, or whichever girl they were each banging at the moment.

That's another thing that I preferred to avoid, big crowds. And of course, pretty much half of what I assumed was the lacrosse team was standing around and blocking the entrance to my locker.

I sighed heavily looking straight at the crowd, mainly focusing my eyes on the soul problem, "you've got to be kidding me".

Liv looked over at the boys and giggled, "girl I know you've got beef with Easton, but at least you get free admittance to stand next to all of his hot friends".

I scowled playful at her, "Yeah I guess you're right, but how am I even supposed to get by? Duck under them?"

"I'd like to be under them that's for sure", she replied eyeing up one of the teammates beside Easton.

I did a double take and realized that he was none other than Logan Woods, Eastons' younger brother. He was still fairly good looking with a nice built, but he was nothing compared to his brother. His stupid sexy-ass brother.

"Like what you're looking at?" I asked Liv while watching Logan laugh at something another teammate said.

"I would be lying if I said I didn't", she replied.

I was smiling at her words and without thinking looked back over at Easton, who was looking right back at me while casually leaning back on my locker with his arms crossed over his chest.

Great, now I have to somehow move the man of steel.

"Evie?" A feminine voice said to my right. I broke eye contact with Easton and faced a fair skinned redhead girl with bright blue eyes. Her look strained one of disbelief as she looked me up and down. I did the same, noting her for sure double D chest size that stretched her uniform. Her long slender legs showed definition, like she'd been working out, and were barely covered by her kilt. I looked back up at her, wishing that I had gone straight to class.

"Hi Megan", I said forcing politeness.

Megan was the female version of Easton Woods back in the day. Even though they were both a year older than I was, I still shared every split class with them. In and between classes, she always harassed, put me down, and humiliated me whenever she could. So when I saw her again for the first time since the seventh grade, I was surprised that I didn't punch her in the face.