C h a p t e r T w e n t y F o u r

~ Confession O'clock ~

"Finding the truth within yourself allows freedom of your own desires, and opens a hidden passage where new possibilities can unfold"

~ C. V. C.

Evie

"Evangeline, I am going to kill you! How could you not tell me about this?"

I threw my hand over my face as I plopped down backwards onto my bed, my phone pressed close to my ear. "Liv I'm sorry. I just didn't know how to tell you, or anyone else for that matter".

"You could have said: 'hey Liv! Remember that night Easton drove me home? Well we ended up hooking up but then he turned out to be a real asshole'".

"Okay well it sounds easy when you say it, but it was really hard at the time. And every time after that".

I could hear Liv exasperate with a grumble on the other end of the line, "I know it's not easy and that you feel embarrassed but you still should have told me! You know I wouldn't judge you. I only care about you" I sighed as the line was quiet for a few moments before Liv continue to talk, "I knew something was going on between you two".

"There is nothing going on between us Liv", I said running my hand roughly through my hair.

"Bull fucking shit", she said matter-oh-factly, "I saw the way you two were looking at each other in the hallway today. I couldn't tell if you wanted to kill each other, or rip each others clothes off".

I blew out a breath as I picked at my nails, "I'm not done. I still have to tell you about what happened at the café".

"Oh my god, there's more? You mean today? What happened at the café?"

I rolled off the bed and proceeded to pace mindlessly around my bedroom, "So after you and Court left, Easton came into the café and ended up buying me a cup of coffee as an apology".

"Cheap ass", Liv scoffed on the other end of the phone.

"It was actually kind of sweet. He quoted Shirley, and said all that people drink coffee in the morning because bad mornings deserve a second chance, which he then used as an opportunity to actually get me to sit down and apologize to me".

"Huh. I hate to admit it, but when you put it like that, the man is as smooth as butter".

"I know", I said exasperating. The next few minutes involved myself explaining to Liv what happened, and what Easton said during our conversation at the café. Liv listened attentively, and only interrupted to ask questions to help her understand the situation better.

After I finished summing up our conversation, I sat back down in the bed, mocking defeat. "After all of that, after hearing him out, I don't really feel upset at him anymore. I think.." I trailed off as I braced myself for the next confession, "I think it's because although I have every right to be mad at him, I could only be that upset for so long. I had so much anger and hurt built up, but it was hard to hold a grudge against someone I missed". The line became silent once again, and I assumed that it was Liv trying to comprehend what I had just admitted. "After he apologized and we talked, he ended up driving me home".

A smiled played its way onto my face as I remembered the drive home. It was brief, but just the company of Easton beside me as we travelled the short distance was soothing. Relaxing. Comfortable almost.

"Okay, let me just recap real quick", Liv said. I nodded despite Liv not being able to see my demeanor, and answered with a quick 'okay' before she continued. "So the man bought you a coffee and apologized. He then proceeded to excessively hit on you to the point where he willingly asked to drive you home even though he lives on the other side of town, and was going to drive back to the café to work afterwards?"