C h a p t e r T w e n t y

~ Wood Grove ~

"I've been walkin' through a world gone blind. Can't stop thinkin' of your diamond mind"

~ Billie Eilish

Evie

"My girl Eves is getting some dick tomorrow night!" Liv shouted as we peeled out of the school parking lot and down the highway towards the café.

I covered my face with my hand while Courtney's laughter echoed from the backseat. "You two are impossible", I mumbled.

"Oh come on Evie, this is great news! You can finally let your frustrations out naturally, and not to mention with a very sexy man", Courtney said while inching forward between the two front seats and resting her arms on the centre console.

"Well if you think he's so sexy, why don't you fuck him then?" I quirked an eyebrow up at Courtney.

"Girl please", Court said as she rested back in her seat, "the only person I want to fuck has a vagina".

My eyes widened in surprise as I turned my eyes back to Courtney, all the while Liv squealed with excitement, "Awe Court! Who is she?"

Courtney glanced at her nails while she tried to compose her smile, "oh you know, someone cute", she said, "but I doubt you would know her, she lives pretty far from here".

"Oh come on!" Liv smacked the steering wheel with a pout, "can we at least know her name?"

Courtney looked from Liv to me with uncertainty. There was no way that our friend was not telling us who this mystery girl was. I fluttered my eyes, "pretty please?"

Courtney rolled her eyes as she played with her raven hair, "fine, her name is Natalie".

I froze in shock, connecting potential dots together, "wait, is her name Natalie Wylie?" Liv looked from the road to me in an instant, her eyes shining with knowing.

"Oh my god yes! You know her?" Courtney asked with disbelief.

"Know her? She's my ex-boyfriends sister!" I said with excitement. "Oh Court I'm so happy for you! She's such a sweet girl".

"Yeah she really is", Courtney laughed. She shook her head and looked out the window, "such a small world".

"I know right", I said as I started to unbuckled my seatbelt. Liv parked in an all too familiar parking lot while I tightened my blanket scarf around my neck and shoulders. We had just arrived at our favourite little coffee shop, Wood Grove, the perfect spot to lighten a rainy day. Besides, I needed some caffein and girl talk to get my mind away from what had currently happened at school.

We walked along the paved sidewalk, passing by the beautiful arrangement of floral life that coated the exterior of the café building. It was such a quaint little place, one that I enjoyed spending time in. Within the short amount of time that I had been living here, I had found myself visiting this place at least three times a week. I knew the entire menu off by heart, and soon came to be known as a bit of a regular.

The bell chimed as the three of us entered and made our way to a window booth. The heavy smell of fresh baked scones and brewing coffee was enough to make my stomach grumble. We each took off our jackets and scarves to adjust to the warmth of the room, and soon found ourselves being served by one of the waitresses who also happened to be the co-owner of the café, "hi girls. What can I get for you all?"

She was an older woman, probably in her early forties, with kind brown eyes and short blonde hair that was tied back in stylish bun. "Hey Shirley", I said with a smile as I looked up at her, "I'll just take a caramel latte".