C h a p t e r E l e v e n

~ Coffee Please ~

Evie

It was the first Friday after my first full week of school.

It was clear that the cheer tryouts were a success after Liv and I received text messages from Courtney stating how pumped she was to have us tryout, and how we'd most definitely be making the team.

Courtney was a very different type of person. Despite her being one of the co-captains on the cheer squad, she never really hung out with most of the girls on the team. But realistically I couldn't blame her; most of them were as stuck up and as obnoxious as Megan.

After I moved back to Winchester, Liv found it lonely at St. Alberts high. So being the social butterfly that she was, it wasn't difficult for her to search and make new friends. And one of those friends happened to be none other than Courtney.

After the torturous year that I endured, I was worried about leaving Liv behind at St. Alberts, so once I heard about her making a few more friends I was head over heals happy, and I was forever grateful to Courtney for keeping her company while I was away.

We were currently on lunch break from school, and there the three of us sat in a square booth at the local coffee shop that was located just a little ways in town.

"So Evie, it's your first Friday back since you've moved! Do you guys have anything in particular planned for tonight?" Courtney asked while sipping her caramel latte.

I shrugged my shoulders after taking a sip of my own, "not really. Liv and I haven't really talked about what the plans were for tonight".

"Yeah I didn't hear anything from anyone all week", Liv said while munching on a chocolate croissant. "Have you heard anything Court?"

"Well Jared told me in film that Dawson was having a party after the game tonight", she said whipping out her phone. "I'll give him a text and see if it's still on".

I was pretty shocked to find out that the team had already decided to start playing games so early in the season, but Courtney explained that even though they were indeed playing against other teams, they weren't actually competing. The games didn't actually count towards anything.

Homecoming was in three weeks, so the lacrosse team would be using each pre-game as a method of practice and team building before the actual season began.

I turned to look at Liv with a raised eyebrow, "which one is Dawson?"

"Just another lacrosse player", she said after finishing the last bit of her croissant. Her mouth was stained with chocolate markings, and I couldn't help but imagine that she just devoured a piece of shit. I burst out laughing. "What?"

I finally slowed my giggles, "you have chocolate all over your face. Someone might think you've been eating something other than a croissant", I said with a wink. My comment earned me a slight smacked on the arm, but it only caused me to laugh further.

Liv groaned as she reached for her phone and flipped open her camera app, "oh my god! It looks like I ate ass!"

"Woah, woah, why are you talking about eating ass?" Courtney chimed in after closing off her phone, a humorous expression cloaked her face.

"Have you looked at my face?" Liv said while pointing to her chocolate covered mouth. Our tri-laughter filled the coffee shop, and I had to motion for us to quiet down since everyone in the cafe was practically staring at us.

Once we silenced, Liv continued on with the discussion, "anyways if Dawson is having a party we should totally go to that! It'll kind of be like a welcome back party for you too", she finished while nudging my arm with her elbow. I turned to look at her as she took a long swig of her black dark roast coffee.