C h a p t e r F o u r t e e n

~ Emerald Eyes ~

Easton

*this his POV during what occurred in the previous chapter, just in case you guys get confused*

I quickly walked away from the vast living room that held the essence of a furious redhead. I had just about had enough of Megan's obnoxious attitude, and quietly escaped through the hallway and into the kitchen where Reece and Logan were setting up the keg on the island table.

I pulled a red solo cup from the plastic wrapping, and joined the two as they tinkered away on the metal barrel, "Is she open yet?" I asked.

"Just about", Logan said as he pierced through the opening; beer began to pour out into Reece's cup as he pulled the trigger on the tap, "booyah!"

"Thank god", I mumbled to myself as I poured myself a cup full of Bud light.

"I see that Megan is driving you to drink", Reece commented as he sipped from his own cup, "why the fuck are you back with her anyways? She's a bitch".

Logan choked on his own drink as he laughed, and I gave him a hard look, "what? It's true".

I sighed heavily as I internally agreed, but knew that I couldn't risk exposing the reasoning for my compliance. The cards were in Megan's grasp, and she could play whatever hand she wanted, I was just the bystander. "It's complicated", was all I could muster up to say as I continued to drink from my cup. Reece just shrugged his shoulders and went back to drinking his own beer, but Logan didn't hesitate to throw me his 'we'll talk about this later' look.

I thinned my lips as I refocused on the cup of newly poured beer in my grasp. I wasn't much of a drinker, but I needed something to calm me down before I lost control and regretted any action that would risk the exploitation of our secret.

"You know, I really thought that you would be trying things with Evie", Reece said as he grabbed the tap handle and poured himself another cup full of beer, "but I guess she's on the market now that you and Megan are back together".

I looked down at the rippling amber liquid that held traces of white foam, trying to lesson my grip on the red plastic as I avoided looking at either of their eyes, "I guess so".

I was pulled from the conversation when a loud shriek was heard from the living room, followed by loud footsteps and a name that was undoubtably my own.

I pulled myself from the table as I began to head out towards the front entrance, "I can't fucking deal with her. I'm going out", I said as I moved through the kitchen, "see you guys in a bit".

Just as I left the kitchen, I could hear Logan's chipper voice as he greeted the cause of the previous shrieking, "Megan! I swear only dogs could hear your screeching-"

I lightly chuckled to myself at his remark, and silently thanked the boys for distracted her long enough so that I could escape from her vile presence.

Without another thought, I swung the front door open and was met by long blonde hair that envied the waves in the ocean, and moss green eyes that sparkled like emeralds.

She's was perfect. And the fact that she was here at Dawson's party only made my mind wonder with endless possibilities. "Hey", I spoke as I regarded her appearance, "you guys good?"

"Yeah, the girls just need a few drinks", she casually spoke as she flashed her award winning smile. There was no doubt that both Liver and Courtney were intoxicated, but Evie's demeanour portrayed that she was the sober one out of the three, what with her struggling to hold up Olivia from falling face first onto the floor.