C h a p t e r T e n

~ Emotional Rollercoaster ~

Easton

When I walked into the gymnasium to meet up with Megan, I was not prepared to witness the blonde princess expertly performing a cheer routine, all the while looking stunning in her tight little cheer uniform.

I couldn't tear my gaze away from her body as it moved to the rhythm of the music; her hips swaying and toned muscles flexing as she lifted Liver off the floor so that she could complete a backflip.

These girls were on fire.

I couldn't suppress my smile as I watched their routine finale, and their celebration unfold as Courtney walked over to congratulate them on their outstanding performance. I took the time to examine the full length of Evie's attire that so perfectly complimented her curved hips and pronounced chest.

Fuck she looked good.

I knew that if I stared any longer, I'd for sure find myself walking right over to her just so that I could tear her uniform off of her. The skimpy little outfit was such a tease, one that I could barely handle as my mind conjured up what lay beneath the tight fabric. I not only craved the frame of her very existence, but her fiery personality that laid within.

I wanted nothing more than to go over there and talk to her.

But I couldn't.

Not with Megan strutting towards me, her selfish personality expecting my every ounce of attention.

Her plump red lips were stretched into a smile as she sashayed her way over to me, but her icy blue eyes told me that happiness was far from her true emotion. Her eyes held something more, and being able to read her like a book, it wasn't difficult for me to figure it out - irritation.

"What's gotten you in a sour mood?" I questioned, leaning myself against the doorway, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Your little skank decided that she was good enough for tryouts", she said looking over her shoulder towards Evie.

I could feel my temper boil at her choice of words, but I couldn't help but pity her jealously, "enough Megan".

She turned her gaze back to me, her eyes rolling as she moved closer, and swiftly wrapped her arms around my neck as she snuggled against me. My whole body went rigid as her embrace caught me off guard, but I knew that I needed to be smart. This girl held everything in her grasp, and as much as I despised her for it, I knew there was nothing in the moment that I could do.

Sighing with annoyance, I wrapped my arms around her while trying to suppress the urge of throwing her across the gymnasium floor. Looking over Megan's shoulder, I searched through the moving bodies covered in forest green uniforms. Chatter filled the gymnasium, but once I saw a flash of blonde, my gaze never faltered as I met her piercing green eyes across the room.

Liver was talking to her with excitement, but she became a blur as my only focus was solely on Evie. Her expression caused my heart to beat rapidly within my rib cage; the slight sign of hurt edging her features. But that was quickly replaced with a look of annoyance as she turned to Olivia, whispering something that I couldn't interpret.

But it was obvious that it was about me as she turned her gaze back to mine, and the fact that I knew that it was because of me sent a pain of regret through my chest.

I began to pull away from Megan, but her nails sliced into my biceps as my widened gaze turned down to look her in her ice blue eyes, "don't even think about it".

I scoffed at her as I lightly gripped her hands from my arms, and lowered her hands, my patience wearing thin, "you know that I didn't come here for your affection Megan", I said as I glanced up in search for blonde, but I was met with disappointment when realizing that we were the only two left standing in the gymnasium. I sighed in frustration as I ran my hand through my already messy hair, "come on, grab your books. We can go to the library".