Chapter 9

When Du Yu Shu arrived home, she couldn’t sleep. She subconsciously took out her phone from under her pillow and went on Weibo. However, when she saw the homepage, she laughed and stuffed her phone back.

After tossing and turning for a while, Du Yu Shu still couldn’t sleep. Sha angrily sat up and rubbed her hair. She took out her phone and applied for a new Weibo account. Out of habit, she went onto Ye Jing An’s page and followed him. After doing this, Du Yu Shu looked as if she had just woken and violently rubbed her hair as she quickly went to unfollow him. After doing so, she laid back down.

She knows exactly why she couldn’t fall asleep.

Once she closed her eyes, she would see that person’s alluring peach blossom eyes with infinite affection, his tempting low voice like the richest red wine as he said to her, “You stole my heart, baby.”

––That is fake!

In her mind, Du Yu Shu angrily drank. That is fake, he is a liar!

That swindler!

Du Yu Shu gnashed her teeth and she let out a curse as she threw aside her phone and stare at the ceiling. She gently said, “That person is less than 1.85 meter, neither tall nor robust, can’t cook or love someone. He also can’t bring you a sense of security, so why do you like him in the end?”

Her voice is full of helplessness and bitterness.

––Because he was the only one who can give me light in my darkest times.

Du Yu Shu heard her soft and gentle voice in the silence of the bedroom that carried a trace of bittersweet.

Twelve years ago, fifteen-year-old Du Yu Shu was alone in the streets of the capital.

At that time, it was raining heavily. Du Yu Shu’s whole body was drenched and her knees had also been scratched. The clothes in her hands were also dirtied with mud. She sat there, alone in the empty street with the type of panic you would feel if you were abandoned by the entire world.

At that moment, a teenager in a white shirt and holding an umbrella bent down and put the umbrella over her. Du Yu Shu looked up and saw the teenager softly smile and look at her with worry, “Are you okay?”

Even his voice sounds nice, makings others entranced.

That teenager was like a ray of sunshine poking through the rainy sky and penetrated deep into her heart.
This chapter is from emeraldmayblossom.blogspot.com. Please read from its original source.
Du Yu Shu’s family was not harmonious, her parents married for political reasons and are usually busy. Whenever they see each other, they would always talk to each other in cold words and sarcastic comments. In her memories, Du Yu Shu recounted that her parents are not usually home to accompany her, let alone eat a simple lunch.

They are always busy and even if they are not, they would mock each other. It is very common for them to walk away from the dining table in the middle of a meal.

During those times, a small Du Yu Shu would nestle in her older brother’s arm and quietly cry while asking him why her parents won’t stay with them.

Her brother, who is three years older than her, would look at her with a look that would say that she is too young to understand and continue to hold her and didn’t say anything.

All the way until she was fifteen-years-old, her most important family is her brother, her parents are just strangers. But when she was fifteen, her parents divorced and she was sent to live with her mother while her brother stayed with their father.

Du Yu Shu’s mother brought her back to her country and settled in B City.

Du Yu Shu’s mother is tough and controlling and the Du Yu Shu then was at the stage of rebellion. And this stranger of a mother who had never had a proper meal with her would always have that look of tiredness and loathing. In Du Yu Shu’s eyes, this mother of hers is the culprit who separated her and her brother. Because of this, she hates her to death!