Chapter 24

“Don’t be afraid, trust me just this once, alright?”

Ye Jing An’s voice was soft and tempting, making Du Yu Shu stand up.

But the moment she stood up, Du Yu Shu closed her eyes.

The Ferris wheel slowly began to rise, the warm sun hit the body of the two people. Ye Jing An kept a safe distance between them and carefully held onto Du Yu Shu who had tightly closed her eyes. He didn’t give up and repeated in a warm, gentle and charming voice, “There is nothing to be afraid of, I’m by your side, trust me alright?”

“Open your eyes and look at the blue sky, it is so close to you, so warm and bright,” Ye Jing An softly urged, “Legend has it, if you are close to the sun, you can see what you are yearning for.”

“Open your eyes and let us watch together alright?”

Du Yu Shu’s body began to involuntarily tremble and a memory appeared before her eyes. A girl wearing a white dress struggling, crying, begging and in despair while being dragged away. She saw that weeping boy running out and was then knocked down. Bright red blood filled her eyes...

“I’m here with you, Yu Shu.”

“I am with you, trust me just this once, alright?”

“Yu Shu, trust me, alright?”

Yu Shu…..

Du Yu Shu suddenly opened her eyes and gently said, “Ok.”

She saw the man’s eyes brightened, like the birth of the sun, beautiful and pure, exuding a dazzling light.

Why are you so happy, Ye Jing An?

“Don’t be afraid, I’m here.” Ye Jing An held Du Yu Shu’s arm. Du Yu Shu could feel the heat from his hand under her sleeve. Ye Jing An raised his other hand to the sky. On his face was a bright pure smile like a child’s, putting people at ease.

“Look at the ground. Compared to the sky, don’t you think everything appears smaller?”

“Look down below, is it not beautiful?” Ye Jing An’s voice was light as if he was afraid of disturbing something, “In the eyes of the sky, we are all the same, taking care of all of us, Yu Shu……”

When she heard the word Yu Shu, it seemed as if some kind of force had overtaken her. She looked down and a memory instantly appeared in her mind. Ye Jing An’s voice drifted away and suddenly, she had an urge to speak.

For so many years, she had never spoken what is on her mind and never appeared weak. However, that doesn’t mean that doesn’t want someone by her side to ease the pain.

At this time, Ye Jing An was in a trance as he reminisces about the eighteen-year-old him holding an umbrella when they coincided.

In the desolate rain, a youthful and warm Yu Shu coincided with a gentle Ye Jing An/

As if he had never left her.

“I was five or six years old at that time, I don’t remember,” Du Yu Shu’s voice was hoarse. Ye Jing An listened from the side, careful not to alert Du Yu Shu while trying to figure out her emotions, “It’s been so long, I don’t remember.”

“It doesn’t matter, this kind of matter if it is forgotten, then it is forgotten….” Ye Jing An gently said.

“That day, I was very happy. I prepared a lot of thing with my brother, Uncle Wang, and Xiao Hua. We prepared a lot of things…..” Du Yu Shu’s narration was a bit confusing, but strangely, Ye Jing An understood it. He carefully comforted Du Yu Shu and listened to her recall her painful past.