Teenage fantasy

"You know that awkward moment when your crush asks you who your crush is" Eve said to Hadeza as they walked down the hallway in the morning.

"And other hilarious jokes you can tell yourself" Hadeza chuckled. She knew Eve for always making up scenarios about her that would never happen.

Eve and Hadeza cracked jokes with each other as they walked to their lockers. Hadeza wasn't laughing as hard as Eve. She faked small laughs or just giggles when Eve said something funny.

Eve was known to be funny every time. She hardly did anything serious.

Hadeza removed some of her books from her locker and put in her bag. She smirked as she stared at the picture of herself and her mom on the door of her locker.

"Zee!" Eve whispered and elbowed Hadeza on her arm.

Hadeza turned and glared at Eve. Eve pointed the other way. Hadeza closed her locker and saw Alex walking in the hallway with his friends.

"You guys haven't been talking much" Eve said.

"We're good. He's just acting up" Hadeza replied and hung her bag on her shoulder. She stared at Alex for like a second, making eye contact with him as he walked behind her and Eve.

Alex had changed immensely. He grew taller and muscular, his shoulder became broader. He played quarterback in their school football team while Hadeza played right-wing. It was only on the football pitch they talked to each other. He waved at Hadeza as he passed behind her but she didn't wave back. Hadeza just looked at him sternly and removed her face. He tried to join in on the conversation with his friends but Hadeza was all he was thinking about.

"Has he asked you to be his date for prom?" Eve asked Hadeza.

"Not yet" Hadeza answered.

"Aren't you bothered? Prom is two days away" Eve said feeling worried. She opened the door to the gym and let Hadeza walk in first.

"No!" Hadeza muttered. She saw Milan exchanging contacts with one of their classmates.

Eve wasn't close to Milan like Hadeza was. In fact, she didn't like Hadeza's relationship with Milan. She hissed when she saw Milan approaching her and Hadeza.

"Hey, Milan" Hadeza said with liveliness in her voice.

"Hi, Zee!" Milan cried happily and fist bumped Hadeza. She faced Eve and greeted "Hey Evergreen" She wanted to give Eve a hug but Eve detested.

"I don't do hugs" Eve said with a straight face.

"Oh!" Milan smiled and faced Hadeza. "My birthday is tomorrow and I'm throwing a party at my place in the evening. I want you and your friend, Evergreen to come"

"We can't" Eve said boldly.

Hadeza gave Eve a long look. "Why?" She asked.

Eve cleared her throat "Well, we've got to prepare for prom"

Hadeza sighed and shook her head "We'll be there" She said to Milan assuredly.

Eve looked at Hadeza with surprise.

"Great, see you there" Milan said, winking at Hadeza before she walked away.