Papercut

Mrs. Williams and Mr. Stephen both gave the police the same story about what happened the night before. The Chief of police, Gordon was displeased as it would be hard for the police to catch a killer wearing a mask.

Inside the room, the officer questioning her, strongly believed she wasn't telling him everything she knew as her story somehow differed from that of Mr. Stephen?

When Cathay was done being questioned, she turned and looked at the two-way mirror like she was looking at her reflection but she was really staring at Hadeza who was standing outside.

Hadeza smiled and lowered her head at her mother's sense of humor.

Mr. Stephen on the other hand exaggerated his version of the incident that occurred last night. He spoke so convincingly to the extent that he had the police believe that the masked killer was some kind of spirit or ghost who went by the name, Nostalgia.

"Mom, I feel like you are hiding something from me. You’ve been so quiet and-and you've barely said a word ever since we left the station" Hadeza said softly to her mother as she drove her home in her mother's car "Is it last night's incident that is bothering you because I need to know"? She sounded worried.

Cathay hummed and shook her head.

Hadeza thought her mother was finally going to say something but she didn't "Mom, you have to talk to me. You know I hate seeing you sober" She whined.

"Zee, I’m fine" Cathay said under her breath as she looked out the window.

"No" Hadeza said sharply. She wasn't convinced her mother was fine. She parked close to the entrance of the car lot in her mother's company ground. She gave her mother her handbag and said, switching off the engine of the car "How am I suppose to know what's going on inside your head if you refuse to open up to me"

Cathay looked at Hadeza wide-eyed "Like I said before, Zee. I am fine"

"You're probably hiding something from me and you don't want to tell me because I'm a cop. I guess you don't trust me. You never did"

Cathay gave Hadeza an awkward stare and nodded "Trust you. Hide something from you" She yelled with so much anger.

Hadeza was scared but it didn't show on her face.

Cathay continued "I trust you and I'm not hiding anything from you. Besides you're not my only daughter, anyway"

"So all this is about Aisha, huh. You’re long lost daughter"

Cathay came out of the car because she was done with Hadeza's behavior. She wore her sunshades and slammed the door shut. She bent her head a little and looked at Hadeza inside the car "It's not Aisha. You’ll find out soon enough"

Hadeza didn't care about what her mother said. As her mother was about to leave for work, she asked her "Are you wearing my Gucci glasses?"

"It's Balenciaga. You can't afford them" Cathay said in a cool way.

Alex made more eye contact with Hadeza as he shaved his facial hair. As the years went by, he and Hadeza had been in an on and off relationship. Alex decided to put an end to their relationship that flickered like a light switch by putting a ring on it.

Hadeza was drying her hair at the door of the bathroom with a towel. When she was done, she blow dried it with her hair drier in the room. She returned to the bathroom to check on Alex only to see he was still shaving.

Alex saw Hadeza standing by the door. He smiled because her short hair and the way she looked at him made him think Hadeza was a love child of Halle Berry and John Travolta.

"What's so funny, Mr. Man?" Hadeza asked.

"Nothing" Alex giggled.

Hadeza smirked. "It's my hair, isn’t it?" She asked. "You should see my sister's hair"

Alex laughed a little and accidentally cut himself on his cheek as he shaved. He groaned and threw the blade he was using to shave into the sink.

Hadeza rushed to help him. She looked more troubled than he was. She took a small piece of cotton wool and wiped the blood that came out from the cut on Alex skin. She used a tissue and cleaned the blood off the wound properly. "Better" She whispered aloud.

Alex was taller than Hadeza. He stared down at her face admiring how beautiful she was.

"You're lucky you didn't cut your throat"

"I'm lucky to have you"

Hadeza froze and looked up at Alex. She held his chin and brought his face close to hers and kissed him deeply. She withdrew herself and turned and washed her hands in the sink.

As Hadeza was drying her hands with a small towel. Alex dropped his towel and got in his birthday suit and quietly entered the shower and left the door open. He turned the shower on to get Hadeza's attention.

"You know something, Alexander" Hadeza muttered while backing Alex as she knew what he was up to.

"What?" Alex replied.

"We need to take a break" Hadeza said strongly as she was trying to make a point. She was always trying to make a point when she talked.

Alex kept quiet for a moment and said coldly "No. No breaks"

Hadeza turned and looked at Alex as the water ran down his naked body in the shower "Yeah, you're right. We’d take a break and one of is going to end up heartbroken" She folded her arms on her chest and began walking towards Alex with a chill look in her eyes which was kind of seductive.

Alex couldn't agree more with Hadeza, at least to some extent. He glanced at Hadeza and noticed she was looking at him with glitter in her brown hazel eyes "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Hadeza broke a smile "Good times"

"I shared the best memories with you. My greatest fear is forgetting them and remembering only the bad ones"

"You'll have bad times. But they're there to wake you up from the good things we weren't paying attention to" Alex said.

Hadeza blushed and smiled shyly.

"Come here. Let’s make more good memories together" Alex said happily.

Hadeza walked like a bunny into the shower and pushed Alex to the wall and slowly began to kiss him. She didn't care about her shirt or her hair getting wet. She threw her arms around Alex shoulder and pulled herself closer to him. Her bosoms pressing on his chest and her lips buried in his.

Alex grabbed one of Hadeza's legs and placed behind his waist. He was stronger than her and his blood pumped with passion and ecstasy. He was inside her. Every thrust made Hadeza moan harder than before. He turned her around and pressed on the glass and grabbed a handful to her hair.

Hadeza followed every rhythm and every thrust that Alex made. She never desired so much more from Alex.