Reignfall

Within the span of three days. Alex and Hadeza became engaged. Ma Kesem moved to Tokyo. Aisha and Fatima moved to an exotic apartment where they lived together with their pet dog Sonja. Cathay's company was losing a lot of money and, worse, buyers. She didn't care about her straining relationship with Hadeza. She had bigger problems. Things were falling apart; they were no longer at ease. Obadiah Reign got a release statement from the court three days after he was found by the police. Nostalgia wasn't pleased to hear about Obadiah's release statement either.

While grocery shopping one afternoon, Aisha hummed the song that played loudly in the speakers She danced as she walked through an isle in the supermarket, she bumped her head happily and snapped her fingers to the rhythm of the music, totally ignoring the other customers in the store.

"Hey," a man said to Aisha. She had accidentally knocked off his fruits from his basket while she was dancing.

Aisha realized what she had done, quickly turned around, and helped the man pick his fruits from the floor. She took off her headphones as she helped pick the last fruit item on the floor. She stood and stared at the man. She was a few inches shorter than him. She thought he reminded her of someone.

"Thank you," the man said with a small smile.

Aisha shook her head and tapped her chest. "I should be the one apologizing." Her eyes lit up through her glasses as she spoke. Her blue pupils were more visible through her glasses.

The man had a firm grip on his shopping basket. He noticed the scar on Aisha's left forearm. He suddenly remembered who she was. The girl he saved some time ago was now a woman. "It's nice to see you again," He said in a confident but still voice.

Aisha tilted her head. She couldn't remember who this man or how he knew her name. Perhaps he must have mistaken her for Hadeza. "I don't know your name," She said in a low tone.

"You never asked," the man said.

"Okay," Aisha whispered with a nod. "What's your name?"

"Clinton"

"Clint?" Aisha gasped. She knew he looked familiar, just older.

Clinton extended his hand for a handshake. Aisha leapt and gave him a hug.

"Clinton," Aisha said in a voice full of excitement. She withdrew herself and slapped his arms. "Look at you." She was more surprised to see him than he was.

"What are you doing here?" Clinton asked.

"You know, hunting elephants," Aisha joked and smiled. "I live here with my family, We relocated here some years ago, I'm a lawyer now, my mom owns a restaurant downtown, my other mom has a big housing firm in the city, I met my-"

"That's great to hear," Clinton replied. He saw how happy Aisha was telling him everything that had happened in her life so far.

There was a short silence between the two for a moment.

"Sorry, I'm talking too much. I'm just really happy to see you, " Aisha said. She couldn't hide her smile.

"I don't think I can ever repay you," Aisha began. "You got me out of that desert. Drove me back to my home. "

Clinton panted out and held Aisha's left hand. Her scar was deep.

Aisha looked at Clinton's hand in hers and then looked up at his face. "I don't know if you'd like to come over for dinner and meet my family."

"What's for dinner?" Clinton asked. He sounded interested.

"Me," She said in a childish voice, then laughed. "Just kidding. Rice. Jollof rice. Will you come?"