Masque of the Nostalgia

Cathay was glad the meeting with her clients was over. It was one of the worst four hours of her life. She couldn't stand the arrogance of Mr. Stephen. Ever since the meeting started, he didn't acknowledge anyone's opinion or business ideas.

The meeting ended around past six in the evening. Almost everyone who attended the meeting left the building, angry and disappointed thanks to Mr. Stephen.

Cathay regretted why she even agreed to let Mr. Stephen join her in the meeting. If she had known, she would have stayed at her office with her daughter. Her estranged daughter. She was still seated on her seat, arranging her files. She gazed at Mr. Stephen as she saw him approaching her then ignored him and went back to what she was doing.

"I guess we can call it a night" Mr. Stephen said as he offered Cathay a handshake. He was older than Cathay but she was higher than him. He looked good on the outside, but everyone knew he wasn't a good person on the inside.

Cathay stared at Mr. Stephen's hand then angrily slapped it away and stood up to leave.

Mr. Stephen chuckled and faced Cathay as she walked to the door "Why the attitude?" He asked.

"If you weren't so mean, selfish and full of yourself. We could have easily convinced those clients to invest in our company but we couldn't because of you" Cathay said in a mild voice.

Mr. Stephen's two bodyguards walked behind him, following every step he took. "How was it my fault, Williams? I was only being honest"

Cathay couldn't believe her ears. "Honest? You were harsh" She corrected.

"It's a harsh world" Mr. Stephen chuckled in an annoying voice.

"Not in my business, Steve" Cathay said in a hurtful tone. She was about to curse at Mr. Stephen then the lights in the room went off for a minute then it came back on but this time it was dim "What's going on?"

The door locked like someone did it from outside.

Cathay suddenly became scared. Mr. Stephen's bodyguards brought out their guns and stood in front of him. None of them had noticed the female figure sitting on the chair Cathay had stood up from at the end of the table.

Cathay tried to open the door but it was locked from outside "I want to know what's going on here" She demanded.

"Maybe, it's a power failure" Mr. Stephen suggested in frightened voice.

"Ehem" A voice said in the back.

Cathay was the first to turn and look at the female figure sitting at the end at the end of the table. She couldn't see the female figure clearly because she was seated under the shadow.

Mr. Stephen and his guards looked at the masked, wondering how she had entered the room without them noticing. His bodyguard's pointed their guns at the figure.

The female figure chuckled.

Cathay thought her voice sounded similar with Hadeza "What's going on here?" She shouted. She looked closer and saw the female figure was wearing a mask. She assumed she must be a killer or an assassin as she had two swords strapped on her back "Who are you and what do you want?" She asked the masked female figure.

The female masked figure ignored Cathay and began to drum her fingers on the table.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Mr. Stephen said angrily. He tapped one of his bodyguards on his shoulder to shoot the masked female figure.

The masked female figure got the message and quickly drew out her sword and whipped it in front of herself as a shield to block the bullet that was shot at her by Mr. Stephen's bodyguard. She quickly threw a knife that went straight into the bodyguard chest like a dart and killed him.