22

i scrolled through my kpop playlist as i looked for a song to play on the aux. i decided on monsta x's destroyer.

"ugh! yes! i love this song," elisia gushed as she flicked her eyes over at me.

"hey!" i exclaimed. "keep your eyes on the road! i don't wanna die!"

elisia rolled her eyes. "don't be absurd. you're not gonna die," she said. "where the hell is this place again?"

"get off the next exit," i told her. "the restaurant will be on the left. it's got big bright ass lights, you can't miss it."

"yeah," elisia muttered sarcastically. "like that tells me anything." i shoved her playfully and she gasped. "hey! stop! do you wanna wreck?"

i narrowed my eyes at her. "why did i invite you?" i mumbled and she laughed.

"because you love me and you love having me around?" elisia questioned and i scoffed.

"sure, let's go with that."

"i'm gonna ignore that snarky remark you just made," she said. "so completely off-topic but i keep thinking about last night."

"oh you mean the whole jisung thing?" i asked and she nodded. "yeah, me too."

"can i just say that i'm incredibly embarrassed? they have seen everything we have said. i just want to bury myself."

"oh, yeah," i ran my hand through my hair and ruffled it a bit. "i know how you feel."

"i still can't believe it's actually jisung," elisia said. "oh! i wonder if he'll send you cute selfies."

i was about to reply when elisia suddenly made a sharp turn. i grabbed onto the sides of the car. "jesus lis! you tryna kill us?"

"sorry!" she said. "i almost missed the turn!"

i placed my hand on my still rapidly beating chest. "you nearly gave me a heart attack. good lord, lis."

she apologized again and i sighed. elisia pulled into a parking spot and i disconnected my phone from the aux. then we got out of the car and walked into the restaurant.

"ashton!" my sister andy said as soon as she saw me. she embraced me then waved at elisia. "elisia, always a pleasure." elisia grinned in response.

"happy birthday andy," i said and she smiled before thanking me. my phone buzzed in my hand and i glanced at it, seeing that jisung was typing.

"we're just waiting for the table," andy said and i glanced back up at her, nodding my head. she smiled again then went back to her boyfriend.

i turned my attention back to my phone and unlocked it using touch id. i got a snap from jisung and immediately tapped on it.

SQUIRRELHAN
hey ash :)

ME
hey jisung 😁

SQUIRRELHAN
how are you?

ME
i'm freezing my ass off but i'm good :)