49

SQUIRRELHAN is calling...

i accepted the call and pressed the phone to my ear, waiting patiently for the wifi to connect.

"hey princess," jisung said and i smiled.

"hey. how are you?" i asked.

"i'm doing good. did you eat? have you been keeping warm?" he asked.

"yeah, i ate some taco bell earlier," i said. "my sister came and got me and we went out."

"that was nice of her," he said. "princess.."

"what?" i asked, my cheeks burning.

"i wanna see you," he whined a bit. "when are you going to send me a selfie?"

"i'm not cute enough for selfies," i said and he scoffed.

"i'm seriously going to fly to ohio," he said and i laughed.

"for what?" i asked.

"i'm tired of you saying you're not cute enough," he said. "cause i think you're beautiful just the way you are."

my heart fluttered and i buried my face into my hoodie. "you're such a flirt," i said.

"i know," he responded. "but you bring out the flirt in me."

"oh, god. that was so cheesy," i laughed.

"i like your laugh." just by his tone, i could tell he was smiling.

"oh, gross. my laugh is annoying." i paused. "it's like a hyena on crack."

"why do you always roast yourself? you're beautiful and your laugh is beautiful. so stop it."

"or what?" i teased him.

"or daddy will come and punish you."

"han jisung!" someone scolded in the background. it kind of sounded like changbin but i wasn't sure.

"oh my god! jisung!" i squealed. i laid back on my bed. then i rolled onto my stomach.

"awh, come on princess. i'm just joking with you," he said. "you know, i'm really excited to meet you."

"i am too!" the same person shouted.

"who is that?" i laughed.

"that's changbin," jisung laughed. oh, i was right. "you wanna say something to her?"

"yes!" changbin said then he came onto the phone. "hi! i'm changbin!"

"hey," i blushed. "i'm ashton"

"i know who you are," changbin said. "our jisung talks about you a lot. it's kind of cute. he's so in love."

my heart skipped a beat. did he just say in love? "hopefully he says good things about me."

"oh, of course. he always talks about how pretty you are and how funny you are."

"oh," i said and my cheeks burned even hotter.

"we're all really excited to meet you and your friend...elisia, right?"

"um, yeah."

"all right. well, i'm gonna let you get back to talking to your boy," changbin said. "it was nice talking to you."

"you too," i smiled.

"all right, i'm back," i heard jisung say. "so how are you doing? what time is it?"

"i'm good," i laughed. "and it's almost ten. my mom and stepdad should be home soon. they're on a date."

"do you think they would like me? your family, i mean."

"well, yeah," i said. "they're both nice people. and my sister just wants me to be happy. so i don't think she would really care." i smiled to myself. "besides, you're a very charming person. it's hard not to like you."

"ashton," he said and i hummed in response. "i have a confession to make."

"and what's that?" i asked.

"i kind of love you. i know it's only been a couple months. but i seriously think i love you," he said. "you're always on my mind and, i don't know, you just make me happy."

"awh, jisung," i cooed. my heart was seriously beating so quick. i didn't really know what to say.

i'll be honest, i didn't know know much about love. but i knew that when you loved someone, you would do anything just to make them smile. it was never about materials but the small things like talking. you make each other better.

and that's exactly how i felt about jisung. "i love you too, jisung."

"oh," he breathed and let out a small laugh. "that's a relief."

"tell me about your day," i said softly and he started talking. and i mostly just listened. his voice was my favorite sound and i don't think i would never not be obsessed.