Chapter 3

Knock. Knock. Kno-

Fuyuhiko tuned out the soft knocks on his door. He pryed his eyes open, yawning as he did.
"Come in..." Fuyuhiko called out groggily after sitting up.
Hajime cracked open the door and frowned.

"I'm sorry- did I wake you up?" Hajime asked concerned. Fuyuhiko shook his head.
"No, you're fine. I would've had to wake up anyways." Fuyuhiko said with a wave of his hand. Hajime smiled nervously.

"Okay.. well.. um- I'm going to the store. I just wanted to see.. if you wanted anything? Or if you wanted to come?" Fuyuhiko looked over to Hajime , the gears in his head turning.
After blinking and suppressing a yawn, he looked over to Hajime and nodded,
"Uh, yeah, I'll come with you to the store." He mumbled, looking at his phone. A solid thirty minutes of sleep. Alright.

"O-okay- we can take my car?" Hajime suggested. "Sure, sounds good." Hajime smiled. "Alright- I guess I'll wait for you in the living room." Fuyuhiko nodded with a small yawn. Hajime left, closing the door gently behind him. Sighing, Fuyuhiko ruffled his short hair with his hand. He didn't need to do much to get ready- just maybe.. he looked in his phones front camera and flushed. Just a bit of clear mascara. His face turned red thinking about it. He shared a dorm with someone now, and he wore a bit of makeup sometimes. How was that going to effect how people saw him? His dad would probably be a irrational amount of pissed off if he figured out, his only son, borrows his sisters makeup. No one really knew that he did except for Peko and Natsumi.

He grabbed the mascara out of a drawer, putting it in his hoodie pocket.
He opened the door, and walked into the bathroom. After closing and locking the bathroom door, He stared at himself in the reflection.  He had naturally pale skin with pink tinted cheeks. Freckled scattered on his cheeks stood out on his pale skin. His blonde hair was slightly ruffled, but to short to be messy. And his already naturally long eyelashes. But he always felt something- even if it was small about him had to change. It made him more confident, even if it was something small and unnoticeable. Sometimes, in his room alone, he would even give himself winged eyeliner. He stared at himself for another moment. Then continued to skillfully apply the mascara.

~

"Alright.. in ready. Sorry if I took to long." Fuyuhiko said softly. Hajime smiled nervously. "Don't worry about it- I'm still sorry for waking you up.." Fuyuhiko waved his hand. "No, it's fine." The shorter insisted. Hajime flushed and nodded. "Thanks..".
There was an awkward silence between the two. Hajime took a deep breath. "Alright- lets go." The brunette said as brightly as possible. Fuyuhiko nodded silently. Hajime awkwardly looked away and opened the door. Fuyuhiko flushed and walked out, muttering a thank you.

Hajime smiled, brighter than before. "You're welcome! We have to go to my car so- here, follow me!" Hajime spoke more confidently. Fuyuhiko nodded, "alright.." Hajime smiled and lead the way to his car. It was silent the way there.
All the two could hear was their own footsteps, and the distant rumming of cara engines. Occasionally a door could be heard opening. The distant voices of other students spoke to eachother. Fuyuhiko just tuned the small sounds out. He allowed himself to be consumed by the chill air of early spring. Admired the green grass around the pavement. Watched the blue sky filled with clouds. As for Hajime, he anxiously looked to the side. Occasionally glancing at Fuyuhiko. Fuyuhikos eyes glanced over to Hajime, and he met the brunettes gaze. Both of the boys cheeks flushed lightly.

"Ehm.. there's my car- let's go." Hajime said. Fuyuhiko nodded silently. The awkward silence made the flush grow on Hajimes face. He opened the drivers seats door. Fuyuhiko opened the door on the passengers side. The two got in quickly, shutting their respective doors

The two didn't speak. An awkward tension washed over them as Hajime started up the light blue Honda. The jingle of Hajimes various keys and pins was the only sound before the engine hummed to life.

This was going to be an awkward ride.