Chapter Five

After buying a variation of food that would last them a week, Hajime put his hand on his chin in thought.
"Do we need anything else?" That was his immediate question. It was nothing really, just a simple question.
That's why he was so confused when the shorter of the twos face lit up red.

"Fuyuhiko? What's wrong?" Hajime asked, concern lacing his voice.
"N-nothing- lets just go- and d-don't fucking question me!" The smaller snapped, causing Hajime to flinch. The blonde was oddly intimidating for his stature and features. When the brunette flinched, Fuyuhiko backed down.Guilt rising in his chest that he forcefully shoved back down.

"Come on..." mumbled the boy before turning around and shuffling his way to a different isle. Hajime followed awkwardly, pushing the cart over to the isle Fuyuhiko wandered to.
The baking isle. Stocked to the brim with pre- made mixes, flour, powdered sugar- everything you would need for baking. Fuyuhiko enjoyed baking.. huh.

Th blonde grabbed various items that Hajime wasn't paying attention to. He couldn't stop focusing on Fuyuhiko. The way the blondes eyes avoided looking at him entirely, the flush on his face. Why would he be embarrassed about that? There are many men who cook and bake, it was very enjoyable as well. Maybe he grew up in a traditional household? No, probably not. He doesn't act traditional, just, anxious, tense, stubborn.

He was interesting.. Hajime wanted to learn more about him.

Fuyuhiko caught the stare of the taller, and his blush grew as he did.
"Come on- l-let's just go." Fuyuhiko spoke tensely and walked off in a hurry.
Hajime sighed and continued pushing the cart. Maybe he could learn a bit about him tomorrow.
When reaching the cash register. It was silent, save for the scanning of their items.

Hajime reached into his pocket for his wallet, but when he looked up, Fuyuhiko was already using his own to pay.
"H-huh-"
"Shut up. I'm paying, and you shouldn't feel bad about it." Was the first thing the shorter said. Hajime quieted, forming his mouth into a thin line.
Fuyuhiko placed his card into the chip and pin machine, and typed in the pin, paying for the groceries.
Hajime silently helped Fuyuhiko place the cart back into its place and carry the groceries to his car.
And they both got in, hajime turned on soft music.
He could see Fuyuhiko tapping his fingers to the beat, making the brunette smile.
"So, Fuyuhiko. What genre of music do you like?" Hajime was hoping to make their car ride less silent than before.
"Oh- I uh... don't really have a preference honestly. If I like a song, I like a song." Fuyuhiko was blushing, and smiling nervously.
"Cool! I'm the same way if I'm being honest. But I do prefer acoustic music over others." The blonde listened with raised eyebrows as Hajime rambled.
But he didn't stop him.
He allowed the brunette to talk about music genres and certain bands.
And fuyuhiko just let him.
His golden hazel eyes watched with a hint of amusement.
When Hajime saw the parking lot of the school, he blushed a deep red.
The brunette realized he had been rambling this whole time, and sunk his shoulders in embarrassment.
Fuyuhiko looked to the side.
"Yeah. I like those bands too." Hajimes eyes lit up, an Fuyuhiko was simply relieved that He didn't look so let down.
"Really? They are great huh?"
"Yeah."
Fuyuhiko thinks about all of his songs, how if you looked at them, you could probably learn a lot about the freckled student. He let out a breathy chuckle at the thought.
Hajime glanced at him quizzically as he put the car into park.
The blonde just smiled.
"What are you looking at?"
To which Hajime blushed heavily.
"I-it's Nothing. Just... you don't smile much, do you?" Hajime blurred out, and then clamped his mouth shut.
'Oh god what was I thinking?' The brunettes eyes darted around the car.
To his surprise, he heard a bittersweet laugh.
When he looked back, the blonde was giving something that looked like a smirk, but his eyes looked the same, glasslike and distant.
They had been that way since the two met.
"I guess you would be right. I don't really smile much." He muttered, and shrugged. Hajime frowned.
"Anyway, we should prolly get these groceries into the dorm."
Hajime nodded in agreement, getting out of the car and opening the trunk.
Fuyuhiko was already out, grabbing multiple bags. Hajime helped him out with it, and closed the trunk.
"Alrighty, let's head on up." The brunette said, and headed with Fuyuhiko to their dorm.
It was quiet, but nice.
And when they made it to the dorm, both of them contributed in putting away everything.
Hajime took out his phone.
"Hey, do you wanna order a pizza for tonight? I know it's not the healthiest meal, but I'm not really feelin' like cooking." Fuyuhiko hummed, getting the spark of an idea in the back of his head.
"Sure, that sounds good."
The freckled boy agreed.
The two spent the next five minutes closing and ordering a medium cheese pizza. Fuyuhiko grabbed Lactaid, and discreetly took it with water.
It took almost no time at all for the pizza to be delivered and for the two new collar students to eat every slice.
Hajime stretched, looking to the clock.
It was only six? Really?
How could he be this tired?
"Well Fuyuhiko, ill see you later. I think I'm just gonna take a nap." Hajime said. Fuyuhiko hummed, nodding.
"Okay, get good rest Hajime.
The taller of the two nodded and yawned.
Once he was inside of his room, Fuyuhiko rushed to the cabinet where he had put all of the baking supplies.
It was time to do something both fun, and hopefully nice.

______

Look at me, I got the energy to publish again! Updated may be slow, but I'll speed them up as much as I can!
I truly do love this ship and it's dynamic. UwU