Chapter six

Fuyuhiko snatched the baking ingredients for fried cookie dough out of the cabinets.
This was going to be fun.
He couldn't help the small, genuine smile that prone out as he took out his bowls and measuring cups.
He took his time baking. It only took him around 45 minutes, but he enjoyed every second of them.
Measuring the ingredients, focusing on mixing, and making things precise.
It calmed his mind. Occupied it with a task.
That's what he loved about cooking and baking.
The ability to get lost in it all. To watch yourself make something that's enjoyable.
It was always extra fun when he enjoyed what he was making as well.
Smelling the product and loving watching as it came together.
That was the point of it, to him at least.
It was harmless fun.
But he could never share this hobby with anyone.
He knew that he could never tell anyone In high school.

High school, that had been shit.
He remembered always being beyond defensive then.
He had this wall up, and whenever someone would talk to him, he would just insult or yell at them.
To maintain that facade, he never really had anyone to tell about his hobbies.
He ignored the fact that his excessively violent home life probably had a lot to do with it.
Fuyuhiko placed the last of the baked goods on the plate, sifting the smallest bit of confection sugar onto them.

When he was done, he gazed at his work with a proud feeling in his chest.
Meanwhile, Hajime was staring into his pillow, not willing to look at the room that had a lack of personality.
The air had an oddly sweet smell.
They didn't buy dessert though, did they?
Hajime sighed, but perked up at a soft knock on his door.
He couldn't help jumping up and quickly opening his door.
Fuyuhiko stood there, looking a bit startled. But he went back into a neutral expression, a light blush spreading on his face.
"Uh... hey. I uh... I didn't wake you up right?" Fuyuhiko asked, more blunt sounded than he had meant to.
Hajime laughed, waving his hand.
"No, no. Of course not." Hajime assured, happy his roommate came to him.
Fuyuhiko smirked.
"Cool. I made something for ya." Fuyuhiko quipped with fake confidence.
Hajime quirked his head, giving a confused smile.
"What do you mean?"
The shorter of the two raised his eyebrows.
"You didn't think that smell just popped outta nowhere, did ya?" Hajime made a o shape with his mouth.
"I see...." He spoke. Fuyuhiko snickered, rolling his eyes.
"C'mon. I don't want it gettin' cold." The blonde gestured down the hall to where the kitchen was.
Hajime flushed.
"Yeah- Yeah of course."
Hajime followed the short blonde to the kitchen, where a small plate of fried dough cookies was waiting.
"Fuyuhiko- thank you so much!" The brunette yelped. Fuyuhiko smiled nervously, his cheeks turning a soft pink.
"Yeah. Its really no problem." He murmured, and waved his hand.
"I'll leave you to that. And- uh- I'll be on the couch." Hajime frowned.
"Uh- Fuyuhiko- why don't we share? I mean... you made it..." He murmured, Fuyuhiko looked back, Surprised and flushed.
"Ehm.... okay... thanks Hajime."
The blonde let Hajime take the first one, and when he ate the bite sized treat, he smiled brightly.
"Wow- Fuyuhiko, these are good! Where did you learn to make them?" Hajime asked, already reaching for another.
The shorter looked up nervously, grabbing a sweet for himself.
"Oh... Peko learned a few years ago, and I loved them so much that she taught me how to make them." The short, yet sweet answer made Hajimes chest warm.
Fuyuhiko made himself seem standoffish, but Hajime was positive that he was sweet.
"Aw, thats nice! Shes you're childhood friend, right?" Fuyuhiko glanced up, and smiled a bit.
"Yep, though, we're practically siblings. Shes no different from Natsumi in that regard, though, shes more tolerable." He joked. Hajime smiled back.
"Yeah, I get that. I mean- my two friends Chiaki and Nagito- I've known Chiaki since middle school- and she introduced me to Nagito freshman year- they're practically my siblings even though I'm an only child." Hajime said, this conversation was finally starting.
Fuyuhiko smirked.
"Wow, only child huh? Lucky. Natsumis just one year younger than me, I love her, but she's annoying as hell." The blonde said, snickering. Hajime laughed along with him.
"I could imagine. I mean, I adore Nagito, but he gets overwhelming- and Chiaki always tries to be my wingwoman." The brunette said, remembering the time when Chiaki almost forced him to ask out his crush in seventh grade.
"At least she doesn't tackle you to the ground so she can get a picture from your phone." The two laughed again at their misfortunes with the siblings or close knitted friends they cared for so much. Hajimes phone began playing the tetris theme, and he snickered.

"Speaking of Chiaki, shes calling me, give me a second." And he picked up, holding the phone to his ear.
"Hey Hajime!"
"Chiaki, whats up?"
"Uh... well, Nagito is kinda running over to your dorm and dragging me along. I have no Idea what hes doing.." she murmured sighing.
Hajime could hear a distant "COME ON CHIAKI," over the phone.
"Chiaki-"
"Yeah, I know. You and your roommate are hanging out... probably... but don't blame me! Its Nagitos idea." She said, the brunette could practically hear her pout.
"Alright, alright. I guess Nagito saw my dorm number, theres no stopping him now." Hajime mumbled.
"Sorry Hajime. Ill see you soon, bye."
And she hung up.

"Well..." he began"I guess Nagito is running to my room and dragging Chiaki along."
Fuyuhiko looked nervous for a moment, before it wiped away into a fake smirk.
"Wow; thats fun. But.."
The nervous expression came back.
"Im not exactly much of a people person. They uh, don't tend to like me," he finished, before smiling again.
Hajime frowned.
"Chiaki and Nagito are both really kind and welcoming. Nagito is so friendly its startling sometimes. He once had a full conversation with a person who tried to rob him..." Hajime said the last part nervously.
Fuyuhiko couldn't help his laugh.
"Alright.. alright. Fine. I'll try." Fuyuhiko mumbled, smiling.
Hajime grinned from ear to ear.
"Cool! I'm sure they'll love you!"
And as soon as those words came out of the brunettes mouth, there was a knock on the door. Hajime grinned, and looked to Fuyuhiko, who anxiously gestured at him to open the door. And so, Hajime walked towards the door, while Fuyuhiko watched.
This was going to be... interesting.
———
Guess whos not dead y'all
Sorry for making you wait so long! But the next chapter is out.
Im hoping to publish more regularly after this! So yeah.