Chapter 13: Is This Really Happening?

baby names? I have two, but I need one more! Give me your ideas! Don't be shy. I don't bite. ;)

So on with ze chapter!!

Derek's POV

"Derek and Scott... I'm really sorry to tell you this, really, I am... But Maya and the pups won't live unless Derek gives her the bite and turns her." Doc said sadly. My heart stops. I feel my lungs grasping for air. No, I can't do this.. I can't lose her!
"Why?" I barely forced the word out.
"The Kanima slashed her throat with all of it's claws, giving her a lot of it's poison in her bloodstream. It's not well at all for this to be happening, because the paralysis will cause a chain reaction that will eventually slow her heart down enough so that she will die. The stress she was suffering before the attack didn't help either."
Before I knew what was happening, I ran out of the building, ignoring Scott and Doc calling my name. I run into the woods, shifting. I come along this cliff, and think... I could jump... And be with Maya and the pups forever... I step closer to the edge...But back away. Maya wouldn't want me to do that. It killed me, thinking my mate, could die. I turn around, and see this big rock. Boulder more like. Still being fully shifted into the alpha wolf, I begin to attack it. Yeah, I know. Really? Attacking a rock? But it helped me to release all the anger. I look at the severely damaged rock, and leaned against it. Before I knew it, I began crying my eyes out as I shifted back to my human self. I started sliding down the rock until I find myself sitting on the ground. No matter what I do, Maya and the pups might die. If I give her the bite, she could DIE. I started gasping for air to fill my lungs. I continued to cry my heart out. I've never cried this much, never in my life. Not even when my family died. I have to do it though. I have to bite her. But what about Scott? I haven't even thought about how he will feel. I began to run back to the Vet Clinic, when I run into something. Seeing the yellow, watery, eyes I know it's Scott. "Derek?" He whimpers. "Yeah?" I ask softly. "I can't believe she could die... She's never done anything wrong! I can't lose her... I can't lose Maya. Without her, I don't know what I'll do. And my mom, she'll be devastated! I can't... Derek, I just can't!" Scott sobs. Not knowing what to do, I pull him into a hug. "Even if I give her the bite, she still might not make it." I whisper. "Yeah, I know. But you still have too. Because if you don't, she and the pups will die. And if you do..." Scott began. "She might die still. And I can't have that happen... But You're right, I do have to. I have to give her the bite." I say breathlessly. Scott nods. And with that, we run back to the Vet Clinic. We both run into the room Maya's in. "Derek. Have you decided?" Doc asks. I nod. "I'm going to do it. I'm going to give her the bite." I say softly. "Ok. I'll give you some privacy." Doc says and leaves the room. I look at Scott, and he gives me a reassuring smile. We both walk over to Maya, Scott on one side, me on the other. I start to shift, and feel my teeth stabbing the inside of my mouth. I lift Maya's upper body up, and place my teeth at the base of her neck. I sink my teeth in, until I taste blood. I pull away, and notice nothing's happening. WHY IS NOTHING HAPPENING?!? It's.. It's a full moon. It didn't work. No. It has to work!!!! I look at Scott, who has a sad look on his face and getting teary eyed. I then heard it- Maya's heartbeat stopping. My heart dropped. NO! This... This isn't happening. I quickly go back to the bite, and bite deeper. I look at Maya's face, nothing. No. I go for another bite, but I feel Scott's hand on my shoulder. "Derek.. It's too late... She's gone." Scott chokes out. No! This isn't happening! I can't lose her! She's everything to me. Without her... I can't even imagine life. We were supposed to watch our pups grow, and watch our pup's pups grow, we were supposed to grow old together, and die together. It can't end like this. Why does everything I love leave me? It's not fair. At least she'll be with my family. But the pups... Never got a chance. They never got to learn how to crawl, walk, learn to ride a bike, how to drive... I lay Maya back down on the table, and kiss her lips then her forehead. "Maya, I just wanted to let you know that I love you so much, more than anything in the whole universe. And that I'm always going to love you. You'll always be the love of my life, my mate. I can't wait to see you and the pups one day. I'll never forget you, you'll be the only girl I will ever love so much. And I want you to know.. That I'm going to miss you, Maya, so much. I love you babe." I whisper in her hair. And with that, I walk out of the room, and notice Scott in the hallway crying his heart out. I walk away from them, and lose it. I punch the wall, and leave a hole in it. I lean against the wall and begin to slide down it until I hit the floor. With my elbows on my thighs, I begin to cry so hard, I had no idea I could cry that hard. Then I heard it, it was a bang. It came from: Maya's room. I sprint to her room only to find Scott and Doc, completely dumbfounded. Then I saw what they were staring at. The table where Maya was laying, was empty. And the window, was wide open.

*Oh Me God!!!! Did I make you guys think she was gonna die? How horrible am I! Lol that rhymed! So comment and Vote!!

Love you guys!

Aria xx