Prologue: #1-Those who hunt: Start!

[Y/N] POV

Ghouls...

What are they?

Since I was little, I was afraid of going out at night because of ghouls. My parents always told me:

"They are your enemy, [Y/N]. Don't get fooled by the fact they look like normal humans. They consume human flesh to live"

I wanted to be a ghoul investigator like them. I wanted them to be proud of me, but... in order to offer me the best life a 14 years old child could ask for, they sacrificed their lives for me.

My parents died when I was 14 years old on a mission to kill a ghoul that roamed in all the wards of Tokyo. In the same day they promised me, again, we will be together forever.

When a CCG investigator came to our apartment to tell me, I was... heartbroken... so shocked that I didn't even start crying...

But then... reality hit me.

My aunt, my father's older sister blamed me for their death.

"They tried to give you the best life, even if it meant to sacrifice theirs. You... You murderer!"

"How is it my fault?! I'm not the one who told them to become investigators!"

And that drove my aunt crazy... and it was the day when I realized to keep my mouth shut in order to be safe... It may sound selfish, but in this world... It's kill or be killed...

.
.
.

Years later
Tokyo, evening
Author POV

Ah, the calm streets of Tokyo. People walking home or to work, many colourful lights from shops, different advertisements on the big screens who were hanging on tall buildings and a motorcycle following at full speed a taxi cab.

Yep, a motorcycle.

"Mutsuki made contact with Torso?" Asked the blonde driver

"Go faster" Said the purple haired man

It was kinda unusual to see two men, following a cab at full speed in the evening, making the passersby turn their heads to give them confused looks.

With Mutsuki

The driver stopped at the red lights, tapping nervously the steering wheel before he turned his head to look at the green haired male who looked a little nervous about this case.

"Pardon me" said the driver in a calm tone, aiming with his left hand for the green haired male's neck

With Shirazu and Urie

"Step on, Shirazu" said Urie determined

"You know I can't roam in this traffic" answered the blonde driver, now known as Shirazu

"Just do it!" Commanded the man in the back, his voice echoing in the streets

The motorcycle went between the cars, trying to aproach the taxi as much as they could.

"The tires! Use your kagune to go for the tires" shouted Urie

"Huh? If I miss, I don't wanna hear it from you!" Said Shirazu, as his right eye was turning a pitch black and his iris red like blood, a kagune, the ukaku, forming on his back