Job Opening

You sat on top of the roof of an old apartment building, your feet dangling off the sides.
You had recently been fired from your old job. You were actually fairly good at it, but they had to downsize, and went with someone more qualified.
You could understand, but things were tight already, and you could barely even feed yourself, let alone pay rent.

You decided to take a walk. It was chilly, but you had your favorite jacket on, and to be honest, the winter air felt nice and refreshing in your lungs. Streetlights sent a ghostly hugh onto your path. You wander through alleys and ghettos until you reached the old, trashy park. You tilted your head up. You stared at the moon, your (e/c) eyes wide as they examined the stars. You had dreams, just like everyone else. You had hopes for the future, just like everyone else. But without money, all you could worry about were bills you wanted to ignore, taxes you couldn't afford, jobs you hated, etc... etc...

Your melodramatic moment ended abruptly as a flyer smacked you right in the face. You yanked it off and glared at it in anger and disappointment.

It read,
Hello, Vile Worms,
This is one of many letters I threw into the sky telling all of you worthless earth spawn that there is a job opening at the Black Hat Org., the greatest and most dastardly incorporation in the multiverse!
We are short in staff and want someone who isn't afraid to get their hands... dirty.

You raised an eyebrow and continued reading.

Meet at this location and we shall see if you can be deemed worthy to assist us. You shall be paid handsomely.
-Black Hat Org.

It then showed the location of the building, the time they would hold the interviews, and the amount you'd be paid. Would you really be willing to work for this guy? Of course you've heard of him, he sold weapons to over half the supervillains in the world. 

But the pay was decent. And you had to admit you were curious to see what it was like working for the guy that sent a 50 ft blue bear into the city. Besides, something sparked inside you that you hadn't felt in a long time. Some feeling that closely resembled that of an adventurous child.

The Next Day:

The building that stood before you was... unique.
You held the flyer in your hand as you peered up at the giant top hat, looming countless feet above you.
Surrounding it was an ominous, twisted metal fence.

You glanced around. There was no one else. You began panicking. You knew you were a little late, but you would've never thought all the other people applying for the job would have left by now...

Part of you was tempted to give up and leave. But, eventually, you gathered up enough courage to rap your knuckles on the gate.

Suddenly rockets, missiles, guns, death rays, erupted from the premises... all pointed directly at you.

You froze, fear chilling you to the bone.

(Y/N): "H-helloo?!"

You called out. To your relief, a staticy voice replied.

???: "O-oh!! You actually c-c-came! Here, let me just..."

The machines powered down, the gate creaked open, and you let out a shaky breath. You realized you had been gripping your piece of paper like a lifeline against your chest. You loosened your hold and straitened it out the best you could.

???: "G-go ahead and let yourself in!"

Your (e/c) eyes landed on the path in front of you.

(Y/N): "Here goes nothin'"

And with that, you take your first step toward your future.

Meanwhile

Black Hat stood straight with his hands held behind his back. He peered out the window, down upon the small, insignificant figure below. The house security had kicked in. That blasted idiot, Dr. Flug, forgot to turn it off...

The lowly being outside trembled in fear, bringing a wicked smile to his face. Look at how easily she cowers...
The system went down, and the fear never left the girl's eyes.

Black Hat: "Deliciously pitiful..." he chuckled.

But then something happened. Something the malicious evil-doer didn't expect. This human's very life was threatened just moments before, and yet...

She moved forward.

Black Hat's smile diminished. But only for a moment, before returning to his usual toothy smirk.

Black Hat: "This should be... interesting..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyo! Hope you liked the first part. I know the Villainous fandom is pretty old, but I still like it, and I just wanted to have a little fun :P
I'll try to update as soon as I can :3
'Til next time (≧▽≦)