Bon Appetit

IF YOU'RE NOT GOOD AT COOKING: CHOOSE ROUTE 1

IF YOU'RE DECENT AT COOKING:
CHOOSE ROUTE 2

(or you can read both. Doesn't matter to me :3)

ROUTE 1:

You peer into the fridge.  You had found a recipe you wanted to try, so you were searching for the right ingredients.

You had to be honest. You were a pretty sucky cook.

And this scared the kittens out of you.

If you did anything wrong...
You didn't want to know what he'd do to you.
Better to just think about making the stupid thing.

You were a bit annoyed that Black Hat was making you cook everyone's food, but maybe this is a good chance to practice your meal-making skills.

You turned on the stove and began your great quest.

What
                  Could

Possibly

                          Go

       Wrong?

..........

The scene before you was horrific.

Broken eggs lied dead on the floor.

Sauce was splattered against the walls like fresh blood.

The countertops resembled a battlefield, decorated in past spills and the fallen warriors of failed attempts and dud batches.

But the losses were not in vain.

You were finished.

You have learned much

That is what truly mattered.

The door to the kitchen creaked open, revealing none other than the general himself.

BH: "Y/N, what's taking you so...?"

His eye scoped the room, observing your handiwork.

BH: "What the fresh hell happened in here...?"

Y/N: "I made sandwiches," you stated cheerfully.  You gave a small, sweet smile and held up the large dish full of (whatever kind you want) sandwiches.

Black Hat inched his way toward you, making you tense up slightly.

You got uncomfortable as he studied your face.  What was he doing?

He reached his hand towards your cheek.  You flinched but... didn't stop him.
He swiped his thumb against your skin, and then his touch was gone.

BH: "Look at you! You're filthy! After lunch, you're taking a bath!"

Y/N: "B-but what about the kitchen...?"

BH: "505 will handle the kitchen.  My employees are supposed to be evil, not sloppy."

. . .

You all gathered around an enormous dining table.  Far too big for just the five of you, especially since Demencia was still tiny.  She bounced around the table, leaping onto Black Hat's plate just to be nudged back off with a fork.

You were pretty nervous. You put your heart and soul into these things. 

You set them in the middle of the table.
Immediately, tiny Demencia pounced on one, sat on it, and began to tear into it.

Dr. Flug was also enjoying your sandwiches.  You heard him say that he didn't like mayonnaise, so you didn't put any on his.

505 bundled three into his big bear paws and shoved them into his mouth.

Although those three seemed to be liking your "cooking," they weren't the ones you were worried about.

You stole a glance at the head of the table.
Black Hat was happily chewing down on his food, that is, until he noticed you watching.
He averted his gaze and took much smaller, less enthusiastic bites.

But you were happy. 

Whether the sandwiches were good or not...
They enjoyed them.
He enjoyed them.

And that was good enough for you.

Route 2:

You were peeved.

Peeved that Black Hat blamed you for things you didn't do.

Peeved that he was punishing you by making you cook everyone's stupid lunch.

But after you got over your "peeved-ness," you strut through the kitchen and got to work.

There were many things you fell short in, but making food was never really one of them.
I mean, of course there's always room for improvement, but when in the kitchen, you could always get the job done.
And that's exactly what you'd show Black Hat.
You'd show him you weren't just some useless kid off the street.
You'd show him that you were capable.
That you could do this.

You began making (whatever kind you want) sandwiches. 
They were easy to make and you thought everyone would enjoy them.

After you'd finished, you gathered the sandwiches onto a tray and began carrying it to the dining room when...

B A M

The kitchen door swung open, knocking against the tray.
It would have splatted right against your chest if Black Hat hadn't steadied it.

BH: "Y/N, I'm sor....!"

He abruptly stopped himself.

Supervillains like him don't say sorry.  You understood that, so you let it slide.

Once you recovered from the shock, you realized both of you were holding the tray. 

At the same time. 

His hands were clasped over yours.

You blushed and looked down.

Little did you know he too was turning a bright shade of red.

He let go of you and looked down at the food you'd prepared.

BH: "Those..." he stared at them, looking a bit... impressed?  "Those actually don't look that bad..."

You blinked in surprise.

BH: "Don't misunderstand me, toad! They still look bad! Just... just not as bad as I thought they would..."

He turned to leave but looked you over one last time.

BH: "You're covered in muck.  After lunch, I order you to bathe yourself."

Y/N: "But what about the kitchen?"

BH: "505 will take care of it.  I don't want your dirty hands touching my things..."

.........

You all gathered around an enormous dining table.  Far too big for just the five of you, especially since Demencia was still tiny.  She bounced around the table, leaping onto Black Hat's plate just to be nudged back off with a fork.

You were pretty nervous. You put your heart and soul into these things. 

You set them in the middle of the table.
Immediately, tiny Demencia pounced on one, sat on it, and began to tear into it.

Dr. Flug was also enjoying your sandwiches.  You heard him say that he didn't like mayonnaise, so you didn't put any on his.

505 bundled three into his big bear paws and shoved them into his mouth.

Although those three seemed to be liking your "cooking," they weren't the ones you were worried about.

You stole a glance at the head of the table.
Black Hat was happily chewing down on his food, that is, until he noticed you watching.
He averted his gaze and took much smaller, less enthusiastic bites.

But you were happy. 

Whether the sandwiches were good or not...
They enjoyed them.
He enjoyed them.

And that was good enough for you.

QwQ