Camera Girl

You and Flug hurried to follow your employer.
As you began to walk away, 505 grabbed your hand and kept you from leaving, his pupils doubling in size.

Flug: "Oh, he can come, too."

505 finally let me follow Flug, happily stomping close behind.

Demencia: "YAY! Me too!"

A strange lizard/snake/girl/thing hurled herself at Flug and clung to his back.

Flug: "Demencia! Stop it!"

After what seemed like y e a r s, we finally made it to Black Hat's office

As soon as she saw him, Demencia pounced onto Black Hat's legs, giggling hysterically.

There was a sudden ache in your heart.  You didn't know why, and you tried to shake it, but it remained nonetheless.

The villain vigorously tried to shake her off, but eventually gave up and simply dragged her along as he walked. This made the little viper cackle even louder.

Alright, that made you feel a little better...

Black Hat: "Flug. The device..."

He elegantly held out his hand expectantly.

Flug reached into his lab coat pocket and pulled out what looked to be a small gun.

Black Hat: "(Y/N), man the camera."

Y/N: "M-me?"

Black Hat: "Of course, you. Who else?" he said coldly. But then, smirking, added, "... and I'll have you know it must be done without flaw. For if you do even a single thing out of order, well..." His monocle glinted in the setting sun outside the window. "It would be a shame to 'let you go' on your first day..."

Oh, how high and mighty. Although this did spark a bit of resentment in you, your mind flitted back to what this guy did in the lab, and you decided to keep your mouth shut and just do as you're told... for now.

You got settled behind the camera and quickly became accustomed to it's layout.
Demencia had scuttled off to a corner somewhere, and Dr. Flug and Black Hat positioned themselves in front of the video camera.

Black Hat raised an eyebrow. You took that as a signal and looked for the power button, breaking into a cold sweat when you couldn't find it. But 505 came to the rescue and pointed to it for you.

Y/N: "Thanks, bud," you whispered.

He smiled and stuck his little pink tongue out.

I started recording and gave a thumbs up.

Black Hat: *clears throat* "Welcome, my wicked watchers! Black Hat, here with yet another despicably useful weapon to aid you in your fight against those tight-wearing pests in your life..."

Flug: "This is what I call, the 'Hair Trigger,' and what it does is..."

Black Hat: "Completely eradicates one's enemy with not so much as a whisper of your touch..." He grabs the device from Flug.

Flug: "W-wait, sir! You never said anything about...!"

Black Hat: "505! Care to give our audience a demonstration?"

The bear let out a scared growl and began running around the room.
But once he was in front of the camera, Black Hat shot a beam from the gun and hit 505.
Your hands flew to your mouth. You stared, wide-eyed, waiting for whatever horrors your new friend was about to endure.
But instead of blood and ashes, a big, pink mustache emerged from 505's face.

Black Hat's jaw dropped as 505 played with his new accessory.
His head eerily creaked in Dr. Flug's direction.

BH: "What the bloody hell was that...?"
he growled through clenched teeth.

Poor Flug was sweating uncontrollably.

Flug: "W-w-well, sir, when you said hair trigger, I thought you wanted..."

BH: "WHY ON EARTH WOULD I WANT SUCH A USELESS THING!!"

Black Hat continued to bombard Flug with insults, 505 was busy proudly grooming himself, Demencia was who-knows-where, and you were behind the camera, unsure of what you were supposed to do.  Should you stop the video?  Should you try to settle things down?
You were pondering your next step when you spotted something glimmer on the other side of the room.
It was Demencia.  And she was throwing a small, metal orb up and down in her hand..

Black Hat took notice of this and took a break from mercilessly scolding his henchman.

His voice grew dangerously low, his words dripping with murderous intent.

BH: "Demencia...

Put.

That.

Down."

She stopped throwing the orb and bared her pearly white teeth into a smile.
She pressed a green button.

Initially, you didn't think anything happened, but slowly and surely, you realized you were floating gently from the ground...

BH: "I hate you all..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note
Heyo. So in the middle of writing this part, I realized I'd been spelling "Demencia" with a "t". Plzz forgeev meee! >.< 
Anyway, I know there hazntt beeen a whole lotta fluff so far, but I'll try to make up for it in the next chapter :P BA-BYEE