Tangled Knots

Your eyes drifted open. 

The covers around you were so warm and fluffy, you didn't want to get up...

But you had to work.

You lazily rolled out of bed with a groan and sat on the floor for a few seconds.

You thought about last night. 
Let's see, first you had a nightmare, and then... Black Hat came to comfort you...

Was that just a dream?

You had a hard time distinguishing dreams from reality lately.

But to be honest you hoped it was real.  You decided yesterday that you wouldn't try to fight your feelings for him anymore.

Even if last night's events were just a dream, they comforted you as you prepared for the day.

Suddenly, your eyes darted to something you saw in the corner of your vision, on your nightstand.

It was... a dress.

It was beautiful dress.

Y/N: "Geez, this is... way too fancy..."

You held it at arms length and observed it. 

???: "Do you... like it...?"

Your head spun around to see Black Hat standing in the doorway.

He was waiting for you to answer.

Y/N: "I-It is really pretty... but this can't be for me, can it?"

Black Hat turned red and averted his gaze.

BH: *clears throat* "Whether you want it or not, it's necessary you wear it to the ball... no exceptions..."

You gave him a goodnatured smirk.

Y/N: "It's beautiful, boss. I really like it..."

He nodded and tried to hold back a smile.

BH: "Mm, well you might as well try it on.." he muttered, beginning to leave the room.

Y/N: "Um, h-hey..."

He stopped abruptly and turned to look at you.

Y/N: "Black Hat, last night, I um... did you... did I..."

BH: "It was just a dream, (Y/N)..."

Y/N: "W-what..?

BH: "It was a dream... don't dwell on it... Now get yourself into that dress or I'll make Flug wear it instead."

He walked out of the room without another word.

So it wasn't just your imagination... This made you happy, but kind of sad at the same time... why wasn't he acknowledging what happened last night?

You sighed, shut the door, and started stripping.

You slipped the dress on, and that's when things started to go haywire.

The straps were confusing, you didn't know where to put your arms, the layers got crumpled and you didn't know why...

After the hundredth failed attempt, you sighed and tried to take it off again, but...
It wouldn't come off...

There a loud knock on your door.

Crap. Not now...

BH: "The bloody hell is taking so long..."

BH POV:

Black Hat grew impatient and rapped on the door again.

BH: "Y/N, I know you can hear me I can smell your fear, now what's taking you so damn long?"