Drunken Confession

You stumbled through the doorway.  Maybe... maybe you had a liiiittle more than one drink. 

Casanova had tried to make a move on you before, offering his bed for you to rest on.

Ha!  You may have been drunk, but you weren't stupid.

And then when he got a bit more forceful, you grabbed the shrink ray out of the case and shot him with it. 

Everyone around you was too distracted to notice.

Business had already been taken care of, so you gathered the papers and the money and left the device on the counter.

And now you were here.  At the front door.  You wobbled in and ran into something big, blue, and fluffy.

He let out a confused noise as you looked up at his big bear face.

Y/N: "Heeeeey, buddy!  Have you alwlwayz had twoo headds?"

He patted your head sympathetically.

Black Hat peered into the hall, his features brightening as soon as he saw you.

Black Hat: "Ah, (Y/N), you're back!  W-wait right there...!"

Once again, he disappeared around the corner.

Y/N: "Hehe... he's funny..."

You let out a sad sigh.

Y/N: "Bet yer wondering why I'm soo drunkk...."

You ran your fingers through your hair and held on to your head, trying to steady your thoughts to no avail.

Y/N: "He... he's nice to me, you know... He alwayzz... always looks out fer mee.  Aand... I can't stand him being with her... I can't stand it..."

505 looked at you with his big black eyes and held his arms out.

Y/N: "Because... because I love him... And I don't... I don't know what to do..."  

You tried to stop the cascade of tears trickling down your face, but they just wouldn't stop.

"I just love him so much..."

505 pouted at your distress and snuggled up to you. 

You lost it. 

You were a mess. 

A big, bawling, drunken mess.

BH's POV

Black Hat turned away from what he just witnessed.

In his hand he held the book he told (Y/N) about earlier.

He was going to give it to her, but then...

No.

This couldn't happen.

He wouldn't let it.

Someone like her shouldn't be with a... a monster like him.

He would never let her be with him, even if he did...

Love her?  Did he... love her? 

Was that why he had been so confused?
He'd never loved before. 

He didn't know what such a thing felt like.  Of course he'd be confused.

He had to find a way to stop this. 
He needed to stop this... this pain that was tearing him apart...

Your POV, the Next Morning

You woke up feeling like someone split your head open with a frozen hatchet.

You were still in your clothes from yesterday.  Your (h/c) hair was matted and tangled, and you were lying in a pool of your own sweat.

A shower. That's what you needed.

After the whole "bath incident" a while ago, Flug had installed a makeshift shower in your bathroom.

After cleaning yourself off, a bit of the pain in your head went away, but you decided to go to the kitchen to pick up some hangover food, and maybe some pain-killers.

You picked out some snacky food that sounded good to you at the moment and started munching on your breakfast at a table while you sorted things out.

What even happened last night?

You put your fingers to your temple and tried to remember.

Flug: "Good morning, (Y/N)."

His voice pierced through your skull like a sword, but you managed to wave and let out a gruff, "Morning..."

He slammed a box onto the table, making you wince and almost tug your hair out of its roots.

Flug: "I don't know if you were aware, but soon there will be the annual 'Villains Unite Ball.'  This year we will be hosting.  I'll need your help with the preparations.  This includes cleaning, decorating, invitations... hey you don't look so good..."

You were staring at him, genuinely trying your best to take in everything he was saying, but your head was just so full of fog.

Y/N: "I'm sorry I just need... I just need to process everything.  What ball are you talking about?"

Flug: "Oh, I forgot you were new to the whole 'villain' thing.  Alright, every year there's this big party, where all the major villains attend.  Every year a different villain hosts it, and this time it's Black Hat's turn.
I won't lie, there's a lot that goes into it, and it's gonna be a lot of work, but I could really use your help on this. 
But, then again... If you're ill, you don't have to..."

Y/N: "No, no! I can help! You can count on me."

You felt a little bad for getting drunk on the job last night, so you were determined to do this job right.

Flug smiled.(or at least you think he did)

Flug: "Okay, let's get to work!"