Practice makes Perfect

Black Hat hadn't spoken to you for the past two days.
Maybe he was just busy?
Preparing for the ball must've taken up a lot of his time, right?

Still... you couldn't help but wonder if he was avoiding you for some reason.

But, you couldn't think about that right now. You were trying to find a group that would play music for the galla.
This proved to be easier said than done.

Uuuugggghhhh.....

There must've been a million musicians out there, and not ONE  group was willing to play for this thing?

You didn't even know what kind of music these people liked to listen to.

Of course you had your own taste in music, but you weren't sure if it would fit with whatever theme the villains were looking for.

You sighed and banged your head against the desk in front of your laptop.

Demencia came skipping past, humming as she did absolutely nothing to help.

Y/N: "H-hey! Demencia! I need to ask you about something."

She stuck her tongue out like a cat and waited for you to continue.

Y/N: "You've been to one of these things, right? What kind of music do they usually play?"

Demencia: *shrug* "A lot of different kinds of crap, not like the ancient stuff Black Hat usually listens to.  He has an old soul..." *swoon*

Black Hat! Of course!  You could just ask him.

Y/N: "Thanks, Demencia..."

You scooped up your notepad and started toward your boss's office, where he'd been spending most of his time lately...

BH's POV

He sat at his desk, writing down several things for the ball.
Blecchh...
He really hated this thing.

All the pompous, lesser villains, and the frivolous eating, and the chattering idiots...
It all disgusted him.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

Ugh. Probably that moron, Dr. Flug, here to ask more stupid questions about the party.

BH: "I told you before, Flug, not to disturb me when I'm TRYING TO WORK YOU IMBECILE"

Y/N: "Heheh, n-nah it's just me,
(Y/N)..."

BH: "(Y-Y/N)...?"  

Suddenly his voice faltered and he felt unsure of himself.
Tch! Why did she do this to him?

He'd been expertly trying to avoid that girl.  His heart pounded quickly inside his chest.

What to do, what to do...?

His eyes wandered to the window.

.....

O-O

.....

BH: "No, you fool! Stop being such a chicken, and just open the damn door..." he hissed to himself.

He shook his head and stood in front of the door, (Y/N) just on the other side.

He could smell her scent from here...
A lovely... elegant scent...

BAH! NO!

He shook his head once again, hardened his expression, and calmly opened the door.

Y/N's POV

You looked up at the face you'd been longing to see for the past few days.