A Saviour At Last

A small 10 year old girl with long, curly black hair lay gazing up through the bars into the moonlight that lights up the dark nights sky cuddling a teddy.

BANG! "Get up!" Umbridge screamed. Quickly rushing out of bed she threw on her pini and tied up her hair before swiftly leaving her cell. Running first to the kitchen and then up the stairs to the dining room with dinner for her mistress.

"Where have you been?!" She shrieked.
"I'm so sorry mam, I was terribly tired I'm so sorry." Stuttering.
"I'm going to eat in my room" Umbridge picks up the tray and goes to leave but pauses and whistles. Bella's face turns panic stricken as 10 or so cats rush in and back Bella into a corner then they start jumping up and attacking her she covers her face with her arms to protect it, she had made the mistake of not before. Umbridge whistles once more and the cats leave swiftly following close behind Umbridge.

Bella still standing to show she will never give in to Umbridge, at least in front of her, follows her out with her eyes until the door clicks shut and she crumples to the floor. Hearing the cats scratching on the door to the dining room she goes back to her cell. She lies down on her bed and eventually falls asleep.

————————————————————————

By just before midnight she was awake watching the stars. When she hears a knock at the front door she gets out of bed, tucks her teddy safely away and leaves her room. Climbing the stairs to the ground floor silently and stands hidden at the top.

Umbridge opens the door and Bella tries to see the mysterious midnight visitor but she can't really see into the darkness of the street. She had never left the house since she had been placed here by who she now knows as Cornelius Fudge, Umbridge's boss. Bella was confused and lost in thought until she heard him speak. She recognised the voice from her early memory after hearing it again she was sure of it. Hagrid!

When Umbridge reluctantly invited him in Bella took a few steps backwards so not to be noticed. "It's her eleventh birthday as of an hour or twos so time. And I have come to deliver her Hogwarts letter personally and take her to get her school supplies. She will be starting in September." Bella is very confused, it's her birthday? What's Hogwarts?
"I don't think so!" Retorts Umbridge rather aggressively," She's dangerous, wicked, why would you have her!? Has the Minister of Magic allowed this?"
"The girl isn't wicked she is just in very unfortunate circumstances and Dumbledore says she deserves a fair chance!" Hagrid decisively replies standing up for Bella, which makes her smile.
"How predictable"
Losing his temper, "Dumbledore knows what he is doing! Where is she?"
"Downstairs, I'll be happy to get rid of her in fact."
"I'm sure she'll be glad to get away from you too." Bella giggles as Hagrid turns his back on Umbridge stopping her from retaliating.

Seeing them heading her way she scuttles down the stairs and as they get to the bottom Hagrid sees a door shut and smiles. He goes to the door and knocks. "Come in." Bella answers clearly with a stammer. He opens the door and sees a girl facing the other way."Bella."
"Hagrid it is you." Quite relieved that she was being rescued."You know this thing"
"I do and he is not a "thing" he one of the three nice people I know." Bella says turning around allowing the moonlight to shine on her revealing the scars covering her arms, legs and a gash right across her face. So not to make her feel uncomfortable Hagrid just carries on as normal,"It's good to see you now if you don't mind packing your things we are leaving." Bella picks up her teddy and wash stuff and places them in a small bag and follows Hagrid out of the house for the first time since Cornelius Fudge who she now knew was the Minister of Magic had dropped her here as a one year old baby. The pair get into the motorcycle and sit in silence for a moment. "Hagrid I've dreamt of this day." He gives a goofy smile. "No wonder, you just ignore her dear she is the wicked monster not you!"
"I remember that night and the other two names I heard: Minerva and Albus but who's Dumbledore?" Hagrid could tell she had never been told anything and was only more than happy to answer her tons of questions. "Dumbledore is Albus' surname and he will be very angry with the Minister of Magic for how you've been treated bless you. Anyway come on we have one more stop to go."

Hagrid starts the engine and the motorcycle takes off into the air and Bella is sat quietly but awestruck by how it can fly and how beautiful London city is.